MMS, yikes

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
So finally got my first MMS on the iPhone and must say that it has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen to this day. After giving up trying to remember the convoluted message ID and password, I logged on my computer to finish it off.

2.1 pretty please get on your game or someone hire whoever developed 'SwirlyMMS' i think it was to get cooking. Charge my $10 I don't really care but it's just a sad process.

Jul 14, 2008
I don't think Apple is permitting MMS apps in the app store or we would have had one by now. I'm also not sure Apple will ever really include such a feature as it's been a full year now and we still don't have it.

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
do some searching about mms. you will see why it probably wont come to the iPhone. email is a much more widely used format and will be for a long time. MMS, who knows how long that will last?

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
do some searching about mms. you will see why it probably wont come to the iPhone. email is a much more widely used format and will be for a long time. MMS, who knows how long that will last?
Even though I agree with you that email is more widely used, how hard could it be to put both on the iPhone? I seriously don't think MMS is something that would take a lot of work to add. As for its advantage, people who don't have internet or email on their cell phones can't see your images til they get home, so MMS beats email if you want them to see it right away.

I probably wouldn't use MMS much if it had it, but Apple has to get with it. How can you go wrong having too many features, you can only go wrong not having enough, as they have clearly shown.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007

Ummm on cell phone email is no where NEAR a widely used format yet. Really only smartphones use it walk around and see how many regular cells are out there that are not smart phones, its more then 100 to 1.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
Even though I agree with you that email is more widely used, how hard could it be to put both on the iPhone? I seriously don't think MMS is something that would take a lot of work to add. As for its advantage, people who don't have internet or email on their cell phones can't see your images til they get home, so MMS beats email if you want them to see it right away.

I probably wouldn't use MMS much if it had it, but Apple has to get with it. How can you go wrong having too many features, you can only go wrong not having enough, as they have clearly shown.
im sorry to say i pretty much agree here. i really have never used MMS much (mostly because it wasn't included in my plan so it was extra $ and also i didn't have much of a use). now that im having a baby, i would love my wife to be able to send me a picture or video message of the baby playing while im at work. e-mailing a video from a cell phone, apparently cannot be downloaded by the iPhone, so i can not get videos at all from her :( at least i could get a picture, but id rather have MMS.

i mean really, theres nothing wrong with MORE features.

3Guser

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008

I agree! But lots of people send me mms!

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
email is a much more widely used format and will be for a long time. MMS, who knows how long that will last?
I have to disagree with that. It's because the only friends I have that widely use e-mail sit behind a desk at work. None of them have e-mail on their phone.

E-Mail may be a widely used format, but not on Cell Phones.

Ag-Ryan

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
im a teenager (err not anymore, just turned 20) and i use (err would use) mms A LOT.

Apple is stupid for not including it.