MMS?

kirbaby

Bronze
Jul 21, 2009
South Bay, CA
I'm sorry if there's already a thread about MMS, but can anyone clearly explain to me why there is MMS for some people and not most?

It doesn't make any sense to me. :(

tylercr16

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Louisiana
AT&T hasn't released it yet. End of summer is what everybody says. But if you jailbreak, or use the beta updates you can get mms. But I'm pretty sure they fixEd the mms hack.

Jun 24, 2009
ya that mms hack does work my buddy uses it - but i don't - i heard that att may be able to tell if there is a spike in your data usage and if they see that yer using mms they will go ahead and tack it on to your bill.

the likelyhood that they catch you out of the millions of iPhone users may be slim =) but i don't wanna jailbreak my iPhone anyhow...

michael95gt

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Adamsville, Tn
ya that mms hack does work my buddy uses it - but i don't - i heard that att may be able to tell if there is a spike in your data usage and if they see that yer using mms they will go ahead and tack it on to your bill.

the likelyhood that they catch you out of the millions of iPhone users may be slim =) but i don't wanna jailbreak my iPhone anyhow...
I've had MMS working since June 20th with no problems. AT&T has already stated that MMS will be/is included with the messaging plans just like every other phone they have.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm sorry if there's already a thread about MMS, but can anyone clearly explain to me why there is MMS for some people and not most?

It doesn't make any sense to me. :(
Friend, there are about a hundred threads about MMS (or the lack thereof). Feel free to indulge in any of them.

bighabeeb

Aug 20, 2009

Yeah they've said the same thing about tethering. I've been tethering my 3G to my laptop and playing worlds of warcraft for many months on an almost daily basis and nobody has ever said anything about data usage. They only "red flag" you if you go above 5GB of usage in a single month, and that honestly isn't easy to do, even with MMS and tethering.

Jul 9, 2009
How?

ok i admit first off that I'm a "noob"! How do ya'll get mms and tethering to work. some say you have to "jailbreak" others say you don't. I am not jail broken and don't want to, yet. What are my options for at least mms? baby steps, ya know? I am on a 3.0.1(7A400) 3Gs. I want to be able to send and receive mms. Eventually I want to tether. Can anyone give me a step by step? thanks mrsfirmeedic:sneaky:

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
ok i admit first off that I'm a "noob"! How do ya'll get mms and tethering to work. some say you have to "jailbreak" others say you don't. I am not jail broken and don't want to, yet. What are my options for at least mms? baby steps, ya know? I am on a 3.0.1(7A400) 3Gs. I want to be able to send and receive mms. Eventually I want to tether. Can anyone give me a step by step? thanks mrsfirmeedic:sneaky:
You do not need to jailbreak

Follow these steps exactly:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/06/hack-to-enable-mms-on-iphone-os-30.html

Also, it has been pointed out that when you do the "Sim-swap" be sure to turn your iPhone off before you take out the SIM and don't turn it back on until after you have put the SIM back in the iPhone. Another poster tried this method multiple times and couldn't get it to work and then he figured out his only problem was the power on/off issue I said above (I didn't have this problem on 3.0.1 but I think the other poster is running 3.1 beta). Doesn't hurt to take the extra steps.

Good Luck!

Here is the thread from which I got this information:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/i-got-mms-working-and-its-awesome-but.45540/

Also, some users have reported that all they had to do was apply the carrier update and reset their phone (no sim swapping needed). I haven't tried this so I cannot confirm. Be sure that once you have finished all the steps that your carrier setting (Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Netowork).

Last edited by a moderator:

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Does anyone know if AT&T is blocking the steps now? About to try it in like 20 minutes.

Also when it says select a messaging plan exactly what does that mean? Do I just select the messaging plan I already have which is unlimited?

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Does anyone know if AT&T is blocking the steps now? About to try it in like 20 minutes.

Also when it says select a messaging plan exactly what does that mean? Do I just select the messaging plan I already have which is unlimited?
Got it working then went to put in APN setting for visual voicemail and it stopped working again. ugh ATT why?

EDIT: So what I did to get it working (only for 5 minutes) was I selected a different messaging plan and submitted it. Then switched it back to unlimited and it worked but for only a couple mins.

I didn't even attempt to try to access visual voicemail. I was able to get a picture from my friend on Verizon and he got a couple pics I sent. Then I tried sending another picture...it went through and 2 seconds later got the red exclamation.

My question is after I used my iPhone for a while, wouldn't ATT see that I have an iPhone and disable MMS again? After it stopped working I logged back into ATT and low and behold it saw that my device was the 3GS so it switched back from the Palm that I was using.

I'm done with this. I don't want ATT flagging my account or whatever. Call me paranoid but I've put to much effort into this JUST to be able to send pics like every other phone on the market right now.