drconehead2000

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
just wondering if there are any mobi or scosche hard case reviews

http://store.everythingiPhone.com/content/accessories/4-123--2702.htm
http://store.everythingiPhone.com/content/accessories/4-123--2963.htm

trying to decide between the two.

also, i noticed that the store here has them for sale.a
anyone buy anything from the store here, how fast is the shipping, cause' i'm either gonna buy from here or on amazon, i think both places have it.

-Yi Chen

I just got my contour showcase....its amazing....i would get that.

http://www.contourcase.com/showcase/showcaseiPhone/

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Don't know about reviews yet, but the scosche looked pretty slick in the magazine ad I first saw it in.

I had my mind set on it for my future iPhone, but now would rather have the upcoming otterbox.

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
just wondering if there are any mobi or scosche hard case reviews

http://store.everythingiPhone.com/content/accessories/4-123--2702.htm
http://store.everythingiPhone.com/content/accessories/4-123--2963.htm

trying to decide between the two.

also, i noticed that the store here has them for sale.a
anyone buy anything from the store here, how fast is the shipping, cause' i'm either gonna buy from here or on amazon, i think both places have it.

-Yi Chen
Yi,

I really love the Mobi case. The reason I like it is because I don't have to buy a screen protector for the iPhone. The flip up hard screen protector that connects to this case is wonderful. I bought the smoke colored one, but have just ordered a clear one as well, because I really like the look of the iPhone (the darker cases seem to cover up the iPhone, and I feel the clear one will show it off more.

I bought a cheap ($5) horizontal holster made for the Treo, on the street in NYC, and the Mobi case fits in it perfectly, even though the Mobi has the piece on the back for the optional clip (I think it can come off, but Im not sure how to do it). The horizontal holster has a clip for the belt, as well as belt loops (which I prefer). Unfortunately, I bought the Krusell horizontal holster, and though it is awesome, quite nice looking, also with a clip AND belt loops, but the iPhone in it's Mobi case won't fit in it. The Krusell is really a nice case if you want to carry your iPhone naked in a horizontal holster.

Overall, I actually like the Mobi case more than I expected, especially for the price. I've had Mobi products for my last phone, a Palm Treo 700P, and their products were quite good.

That being said, The Scosche case looks very nice, very classy (though I LOVE the flip up hard screen protector on my Mobi case !). I will report on the Mobi Case when I get it (the clear version).

Also, I don't work for this website, and have ordered many many things from Amazon (too many items to count), but the Everything iPhone store was perfect as far as delivery of my case. I ordered it, it told me what date it would get here, and on that date, there it was sitting on my doorstep. As far as I'm concerned, they are batting 1.000. It could be that I live in NY, and I believe the owner of this site lives in NY too, but they were perfect as far as delivery service. A wonderful first experience.

Happy hunting and best of luck in your search for a case.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Yi,

I really love the Mobi case. The reason I like it is because I don't have to buy a screen protector for the iPhone. The flip up hard screen protector that connects to this case is wonderful. I bought the smoke colored one, but have just ordered a clear one as well, because I really like the look of the iPhone (the darker cases seem to cover up the iPhone, and I feel the clear one will show it off more.

I bought a cheap ($5) horizontal holster made for the Treo, on the street in NYC, and the Mobi case fits in it perfectly, even though the Mobi has the piece on the back for the optional clip (I think it can come off, but Im not sure how to do it). The horizontal holster has a clip for the belt, as well as belt loops (which I prefer). Unfortunately, I bought the Krusell horizontal holster, and though it is awesome, quite nice looking, also with a clip AND belt loops, but the iPhone in it's Mobi case won't fit in it. The Krusell is really a nice case if you want to carry your iPhone naked in a horizontal holster.

Overall, I actually like the Mobi case more than I expected, especially for the price. I've had Mobi products for my last phone, a Palm Treo 700P, and their products were quite good.

That being said, The Scosche case looks very nice, very classy (though I LOVE the flip up hard screen protector on my Mobi case !). I will report on the Mobi Case when I get it (the clear version).

Also, I don't work for this website, and have ordered many many things from Amazon (too many items to count), but the Everything iPhone store was perfect as far as delivery of my case. I ordered it, it told me what date it would get here, and on that date, there it was sitting on my doorstep. As far as I'm concerned, they are batting 1.000. It could be that I live in NY, and I believe the owner of this site lives in NY too, but they were perfect as far as delivery service. A wonderful first experience.

Happy hunting and best of luck in your search for a case.
On the "mobi" case.

Does the iPhone slide into the case or does it snap together in two pieces?

The hinge on the screen protector looks like it could be flimsy, how is it?

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
On the "mobi" case.

Does the iPhone slide into the case or does it snap together in two pieces?

The hinge on the screen protector looks like it could be flimsy, how is it?
Indy,

Here's how it works, it snaps together in 2 pieces (three counting the hinge). What you do is you lay the top piece (the front) face down, snap the screen protector into the top piece, lay your iPhone into it (face down), and then snap the back into place. So easy it's ridiculous. Also, the screen protector is made of hard plastic, pretty hard, and possibly made out of the same stuff as the rest of the case. It's cool because it has a little lip on the bottom for easy (and fast !) opening. It's also neat because when you close it after you dial, face smudges don't get on the screen. I think the screen protector is far from flimsy

I really like this case, For $19 it's a steal. It actually looks pretty cool with the included clip when you wear it on your belt, though I don't wear it that way. I live in NYC, so I don't like to flaunt my electronics if I don't have to. I am a fanatic about my electronics, I like to keep them extremely safe, so I look at it this way, the Mobi case is my Ipod's second skin, and then I put the phone with the Mobi, in a case, the one I described in my review.

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
I really like Seido products, have had several for my Treo, and just bought the AUDIO ADAPTOR WITH BUILT-IN MICROPHONE AND ANSWER BUTTON, from the everythingiPhone store. The Hybrid looks pretty sweet, but like I said, the screen protection of the Mobi meets my needs. I have no problem putting my phone in my backpack or pocket with the total protection of the Mobi and it's screenguard (though I put it on another case that goes on my belt). I can't say enough good things about this case.