Mobile Carriers

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by hmfc-1874, Apr 9, 2013.

1. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Hey guys was reading some threads on hear about the mobile carriers in the US like AT&T and Verizon and most recently T-mobile.
    They all seem to make it very complicated with many different plans weather it be you want Internet or texts and calls or FaceTime.
    Also they make it really hard for you to leave your network.
    Is it really that hard?

Here in the UK
    You have 02, Vodafone, 3, virgin, giff gaff.

None of them make anything hard.
    First of all you go for a contract,
    You pay say for an iPhone 5 when it first came out £60 for the phone, then £36 odds for a good contract.

Also all networks have to by law let the customers change their network.
    (Some charge upto £15) a lot do it free.
    The way that its looked at here, is that your paying for a contract not the phone, what ever you do with the phone is upto you if you want to sell it you sell it but you still pay for contract.

Also FaceTime everyone can use over network data (once you run out of data you can't use it obviously)
    Also if you got for the plan I was talking about then you would get unlimited Internet so unlimited facetime really.

You get a good deal for the money over here £36 a month for unlimited Internet 3000 minutes to any network 5000 mins to same network and 4000 texts.
    Anything like that in the US?
    Also if you just want the plan and no phone it's £24 a month

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid

2. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Over here it's somewhat complicated for the average person, most people on these forums aren't going to be too confused.

As an example, all 4 of our major wireless providers have the "best" 4g- most people here know what that means, but I have people ask me all the time how good tmobile 4g is and I just have to slap my forehead lol.

3. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Thanks, it was just i was looking at a few of the threads about carriers and was saying to myself wow for someone moving over there its crazy. Its shocking that they force you to stay with that network.

4. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Ya hehe, if someone's just learning about be US wireless providers, it would be a terrible learning curve. I have no idea how other nations providers are, but if you're coming over.....just bring an unlocked iPhone and hop on a prepaid gsm network hehe.

5. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Yeah haha.
    When I have money and the time a trip to the US if on the cards for sure!

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid