Mobile G

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
OK I am excited about the arrival of mobile me but I just don't want to loose my gmail address. Hell even when I mentioned this to my wife she said 'no way' to a change of email address. Although the mobile me service offers 'exchange for the rest of us'...a major sacrifice seems to mean changing your email address. RIM offer gmail (or any mail) pushed straight to your mobile. This has to be the way forward.

I think mobile me is way forward for calendar, contacts, online space and website hosting but the killer blow is the lack of support pushing other email addresses.

Does anyone think this will happen or will google offer an alternative. Or are google merely becoming the whipping boys of Steve Jobs.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Here's what I'm doing. Of course, I'm sending a mass email to all of my contacts telling them that my email is now @me.com, no longer @gmail.com. Also, for the first few months, I'll have Gmail forward to my MobileMe address, in case anyone accidentally send to it. Then once everybody has it and is used to it, I'll close the Gmail account.

- John

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
thanks john I did think of doing this. Its going to kill me to wait but I am going to wait and see what people think of mobile me and then make a move. Do you think google will ever offer push to the iPhone?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
thanks john I did think of doing this. Its going to kill me to wait but I am going to wait and see what people think of mobile me and then make a move. Do you think google will ever offer push to the iPhone?
It's possible for sure, but either way I'm sticking with MobileMe because of the whole seamless with the Mac factor.

- John