Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks, I'll check that out.
I'm doing the 60 day trial right now.

omniscient

Sep 21, 2008
And interways.net are constantly adding features, too. They now have calendar sharing for iPhones too. Push mail, contacts, etc. all can be shared in teams/families.
Great features and seamless integration in Leopard/Snow Leopard.
Remote Wipe as well. iDisk like storage,...

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
And interways.net are constantly adding features, too. They now have calendar sharing for iPhones too. Push mail, contacts, etc. all can be shared in teams/families.
Great features and seamless integration in Leopard/Snow Leopard.
Remote Wipe as well. iDisk like storage,...
I have been checking out Mobile Me and Interways..., I'm curious if either will let me use my Gmail SMTP, instead of their own. I'd prefer to have all my mail come from my gmail address and not from either of those, since the people I know have too many email addresses to remember for me already.

Sep 21, 2008
interways.net lets you use the Gmail smtp server. Even better, they let you use your Gmail address for sending mail through the interways servers, too. That way, you can keep your old address with no one noticing the new one.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
interway.net lets you use the Gmail smtp server. Even better, they let you use your Gmail address for sending mail through the interways servers, too. That way, you can keep your old address with no one noticing the new one.
Sold! Thank you very much.

Sep 13, 2009
Hi there,

i also frist ordered the 60 day trial on interways.net and tried out everything i wanted.
Acutally everything is in realtime sync. My gmail address, my calendar and my contacts.
Mails are pushed to my iPhone, just 2 seconds later they arrive in outlook on my desktop.
And of course if necessary i can access all my data using the really fast web interface.
Its perfect. And it`s much cheaper than mobileme but having more features.

You can also upload files to interways and access them from the web interface or even from the iPhone using a webdav client.

By the way: this is the first pushmail service that really works in realtime with my iPhone, no delay! Awesome!

I like it;-)

Greets
AppleAddicted

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I'm 5 days into my 30 days free trail of interways. I must say. I like it and I like their support. I'm very impressed with the speed and features. thanks to Omniscient, for pointing me their way.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
My impressions on interways mail. I have used several push type emails. Gmail, Yahoo, MobileMe. I have to say. I'm happy to sign up for interways now. I like the functions, and to be honest it's faster and more accurate than Yahoo or Gmail. I've been impressed with their Customer Service too. They even helped me setup my Work Calendar which is on Lotus Notes and have it sync with theirs.

I just wanted people to know. If you want to pay for a service. There's is top notch. Plus it's much cheaper than Mobile Me.

Thanks again to omniscient for pointing me in the right direction.

Sep 21, 2008
You're welcome.
interways.net is really a good service for sync, I have to say...
Still glad I found them, thanks to everythingicafe...

MobileMe's mail servers are currently listed in the Backscater.org and Lashback.com email blacklist servers. This results in lots of mail servers rejecting email from any me.com or mac.com email address. Blacklist servers seem to cause more problems that they solve these days. [sigh]

Nov 10, 2009
Sync your Mac with multiple devices

You can also sync your Mac with multiple devices with SyncMate (http://www.sync-mac.com). SyncMate allows syncing your Mac to Windows Mobile or Nokia S40 phones, other Mac or PC computers, Google account, Sony PSP, USB drives and backup Mac data online.

SyncMate if offered at two editions: Free (contacts and Calendar sync) and Expert (iTunes & video, iPhoto, Mail, Notes, ToDo's, bookmarksa, folders synchronization, etc.) (http://www.sync-mac.com/syncmate-expert.html)

Check detailed sync options here http://www.sync-mac.com/syncmate-features.html.

omniscient

Sep 21, 2008
Thanks, but Push sync is really something different...
Your solution is good for stationary use, but push sync is for mobile use.

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
i guess Apple should consider buying interways then.

Feb 16, 2011
Hi!
To start, I found (and am currently using with much success and liking it):
www.interways.net (interWaysMAIL)
I can definitely recommend these guys... BTW, they are way less expensive, complete push is $4.99/month in my plan.

Just took up your suggestion and have registered with them. Thanks for the tip Sir.