Mobile me and Find My Phone

bingoldsby

Bronze
May 25, 2011
Because of the sad loss of the Kerry's phone... and the mention of the "Find My iPhone" app/service, I decided to immediately set that up. After going through the setup proceedure, and finding that it works swimmingly (that's "very good"), I started to try to learn more about it all - especially Mobile Me. Well, of course I discover that Mobile Me is going away soon. I have been unable to find any information about how this change of Mobile Me service affects the Find My iPhone service.

Anyone got any clues on this? Thanks,

Brian

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Because of the sad loss of the Kerry's phone... and the mention of the "Find My iPhone" app/service, I decided to immediately set that up. After going through the setup proceedure, and finding that it works swimmingly (that's "very good"), I started to try to learn more about it all - especially Mobile Me. Well, of course I discover that Mobile Me is going away soon. I have been unable to find any information about how this change of Mobile Me service affects the Find My iPhone service.

Anyone got any clues on this? Thanks,

Brian
I don't think it will impact it one bit. I think it's really separate now, unless you got a iPhone 3GS and need to buy mobile me for it. Then I think your in trouble.

bingoldsby

Bronze
May 25, 2011
Somehow I associated "me.com" with Mobile Me, and the fact that the service is initiated by a Mobile Me signon routine. Perhaps there really isn't a connection there. Thanks for the comment.

Brian

dickdaney

Jan 2, 2010
Find My iPhone is going to be rolled into icloud when mobile me goes bye bye. This shouldn't change the find my iPhone service one bit.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Somehow I associated "me.com" with Mobile Me, and the fact that the service is initiated by a Mobile Me signon routine. Perhaps there really isn't a connection there. Thanks for the comment.

Brian
when iCloud is released this fall, anyone with an iOS 5 device or OSX10.7 will get a free me.com email address to use with iCloud. FMiP should roll over just fine.