Mobile me and Google sync

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hi I am a mobile me subscriber but I am tempted to move my calendar and contact sync to the newish google sync as I loooveee my google calendars. Before I do so I want to check one very important thing. If I move to gsync for calendars and contacts will I still be able to use the mobile me push mail component in conjunction with gsync?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think not. Believe the deal is only ONE Exchange account on the phone - an Exchange limitation, not an Apple one.

Hopefully push email is the next thing Google adds to the Google Sync offering ...

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Bummer....I thought that mobile me was separate from exchange like it is on the setup pane on your iPhone but its obviously not that simple

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I just found this info that might indicate that my google and mobile me tandem approach may be possible to do.

Some authors are writing that Mobile Me is not exchanged based and thereforee will work alond side actual exchange service. What surprises me is how uncertain everyone is.

I guess the thing is back up and go for it!

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
To anyone who may be interested. It is possible to run mobile me (email) along side google sync (for calendars and contacts) on the one iPhone. At least its working for me no problem.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Hi I am a mobile me subscriber but I am tempted to move my calendar and contact sync to the newish google sync as I loooveee my google calendars. Before I do so I want to check one very important thing. If I move to gsync for calendars and contacts will I still be able to use the mobile me push mail component in conjunction with gsync?
Yes. MobileMe is NOT Exchange sync. You can have a MobileMe and Exchange account, and you can use the calendars and will be jointly viewable. Same with contacts and push email for both (when/if Gmail will get IMAP IDLE push).