Mobile Me Discount*

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
If you have been waiting for the announcement of MobileMe (which, who hasn't), then you might like to know about two deals we discovered that allow you to get MobileMe on the cheap.

Deal 1
Apple is running a promotion for new Mac purchasers. This deal allows you to get a $30 discount on a new Mac + MobileMe purchase. The discount is applied at checkout, so you won't have to worry about sending back a rebate form.

Deal 2
Amazon is still offering .Mac box purchases at a discount. If you don't want to buy a Mac to get the discount, Amazon is the place to buy .Mac/MobileMe. Since .Mac users will be switched over in "early July" this will save you some money.

marklynn70

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida
www.myspace.com
I am not against the software in any way, I just don't understand it enough to know why I would need it. As I am not a currently a Mac user.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Why does Apple have to charge for things, other companies give away for free? I love Apple products but their pettiness is killing me. Apple wants you to pay for (MobileMe), what Microsoft (Windows Mobile Live), Google, Yahoo and a host of others is giving away for free.

MobileMe just makes Apple devices more marketable, expanding their capability. BTW, (while I'm on the subject of petty) I'm not paying Steve Jobs to advertise for his company (I.e, .Mac). Every time you send an email, the Mac name gets out there. Come on Steve, stop being so freaking petty. We are already gracious enough to buy your OVERPRICED gadgets/computers, just be happy with that...M:mad:

gentlegiantcraig

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Sunny South Florida
If you have been waiting for the announcement of MobileMe (which, who hasn't), then you might like to know about two deals we discovered that allow you to get MobileMe on the cheap.

Deal 1
Apple is running a promotion for new Mac purchasers. This deal allows you to get a $30 discount on a new Mac + MobileMe purchase. The discount is applied at checkout, so you won't have to worry about sending back a rebate form.

Deal 2
Amazon is still offering .Mac box purchases at a discount. If you don't want to buy a Mac to get the discount, Amazon is the place to buy .Mac/MobileMe. Since .Mac users will be switched over in "early July" this will save you some money.
Just saved $30 bucks, and had Free Super Shipping thingy, arrives end of June, about the time MobileMe will be ready?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
no company gives away what me does... that is for sure

this is a good find i cafe!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Thanks, iCafe. I'm getting my new MacBook sometime this month, so this will help.

- John

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Apple has always given a $30 discount on the .Mac service when you buy a new Mac so extending it to MobileMe would be expected. When I got my MBP back in March, I picked up a discounted subscription that I'll use when it's time to renew in August.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Good find, iCafe! I'm in... I did the trial with my new MBP back in the spring, but MobileMe sounds too good to pass up! Amazon, here I come!

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
anyone know why it takes amazon a month to ship this?
My order yesterday came back with an email update that says it is expected to be delivered between June 19-24. That's a little over a week, with standard ground shipping.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i can start the trial and when in get the box i can keep the same address and screen name that i have started... then in july i get updated to me... then ill get upgraded to me or doi have to have had .mac for a certain amount of time to get the me upgrade?

gentlegiantcraig

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Sunny South Florida
i can start the trial and when in get the box i can keep the same address and screen name that i have started... then in july i get updated to me... then ill get upgraded to me or doi have to have had .mac for a certain amount of time to get the me upgrade?
Correct. Just to clarify even if you create a MobileMe account 4 months after the release, say Account123@me.com, if you tell everyone that your email is Account123@mac.com, the emails will still land to you, Apple will just be forwarding them all to @me.com.

Yes, you can actually always upgrade using the box, there is a activation number within the box :)

Shonzz

Mar 2, 2009
Sacramento, CA
No so...Verizon Wireless Sync is free with your data package and does a #$#$ more than MM! It actually syncs your inbox, deleted and sent mail both ways!

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
You can get better deals on MobileMe from ebay. I think I paid like $50 for my last year subscription.

Joe