mobile me email

rexp

Nov 28, 2008
On my iPhone I have a Mobile Me account and also an account with my Mobile Me address, but it's the same account which is a pain having to mess with same email twice...is it because the xxxx@me.com address is syncing through my mail account on my laptop and thereforee showing up on the iPhone?
And if it is do I just need to not use mail anymore and only use Mobile Me site?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
sounds like you have an account you manually added, and an account iTunes automatically synced for you. you should be able to remove whichever account you manually added.

oakie

Bronze
Oct 18, 2008
Las Vegas
www.revtarded.com
you can just kill the iTunes mail sync by connecting the phone to iTunes, going into the info tab, and unchecking the option to sync to your desktop mail client. unsure if that applies to your case but i thought i'd throw that out there.

no use having that sync option checked when mobileme is actively managed by both the iPhone and the desktop mail client at the same time anyways, so balancing between the iPhone and mail is just redundant, and may be the source of the zombie account on your phone.