Mobile me, iPhone, multiple users

runnerx1

Feb 20, 2009
I am new to the entire world of Mac! Just purchased our iPhones a month ago and last week purchased our first Mac! A few questions on MobileMe (we have not downloaded it yet) We purchased the family pack MobileMe...
1. Can we keep each of our contacts separate? (so I don't get all of his people in his cell phone and vice versa)
2. Can our emails stay separate (but still through MobileMe)
3. iCal...can we sync just that?

We plan to work on this this weekend so any insightful hints, tips or clues would be greatly welcomed!

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
With the family pack of MM you can have up to 5 accounts each with its own email address ( myname@me.com ) , calendars etc...

My wife and I have the family pack and she has hers i have mine (emails) (mine is the master) with 20gb then 5 gb for each sub account.

We sync our calendars and contacts over the air from the iPhones to MM then MM syncs to out MacBook over the air or vise versa. I make a calendar setting on my MacBook on MM within seconds its on my phone too

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
llrickman - Can you share the calendar with your wife? ie can you upload a meeting and it shows up on MM, the Mac and her phone?

I have Mobile Me set up with my iPhone, Mac Mini, Vista Laptop, and Vista Desktop and they all sync perfectly. However, I am trying to find ways for others to update my calendar.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
im not sure if that can be done or not. I'll see if i can find anything on it and let you know if it can