Mobile Me, is it worth $70?

stevensondrive

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
I pick up my 3GS tomorrow afternoon. it is my first iPhone. ATT knocks $30 off I buy it tomorrow with my phone.

is it worth buying or are there free apps that do the same stuff?

Thanks

Steve :cool:

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Im not sure, i suppose its pretty handy for the businesss user,...that said i almost want to get it just for the "Find my phone" feature with the remote data swipe.

stevensondrive

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
I like the idea of saving all contacts. I have lost phone numbers WAAAY too many times! and the idea of editing the calendar on my computer sounds great! I am a shift worker so it is handy having the option of putting that data in the phone months at a time.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I have it on a trial right now and don't think I'll be getting rid of it. I have never lost my phone but for the Find my iPhone feature is almost worth it alone for the 'just in case' times. You can upload pictures and on the 3GS you will be able to upload videos to it and create a password so friends and family can view them. The contacts was easy to transfer to mobileme and that is another feature that is worth it to have. The best part of the contacts on the me.com site is that they are set up the same way as they are on the phone. If you know how to use your phone you will know how to use mobileme.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I'd say no... You can almost all the same things with google apps for free. No remote swipe with Google though...