Mobile Me to iCloud move and still access MM?

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by PDACPA, Oct 18, 2011.

1. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

I have a number of galleries on Mobile Me. I need to get them moved so I do not lose the pictures. However, I also need to get the iCloud working for all our household devices. During the ios5 upgrade, my wife's iPhone and son's ipad have made the conversion (including their Mobile Me accounts from our family mobile me to icloud). The problem is that until I convert my mobile me, we cannot share calendar's which is our main use of the family mobile me account.

1. If I upgrade the master family mobile me to icloud, will I lose access to my mobile me galleries?
    2. What is the most efficient way to get the pictures out of the mobile me gallery (way beyond the 5g photostream (and 1000 photo limit) to another location (shutterfly seems to have unlimited storage). My MacMini has too small a harddrive and my other systems are PC.

Thanks!

2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

if it helps, as a mobileme subscriber, you actually get 25GB of iCloud space.

3. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

Thanks for that info. I just know that I cannot host all my Galleries on iCloud. So now I need to download them and upload to another place. I have all of them on hard drives, but wanted an online storage as well. It is going to take quite a bit of time (unless I buy more storage for my mac and sync with iphoto) and I need my calendar shares working ASAP.

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I just noticed that on iOS 5.0 that there is not an option to add a MobileMe account, only iCloud. I'm glad I restored from backup otherwise I might have been stuck with migrating to iCloud, which I am definitely putting off.

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Anyway, a new cloud storage app is offering 50GB of free storage now. The app is called "Box". Should do the trick for you.