Mobile ME via a PC...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I'm not 100% sure this is the correct section to post this. But, if needbe, please feel free to move it...

Now, tell me this, is it me, or is using the Mobile ME website just plain S L O W? :mad: - I've been trying to update my addressbook (contacts) and for 113 contacts, it's virtually taken me all day! I'm not impressed to say the least. I seriously think Apple and the powers that be need to do something about this. I use to think it was my pc, but, I've now used it from multiple locations/computers. So, it's certainly not me...

I find it hard to believe that using something like this, that I pay for can be so slow. Why is that?

maximo916

Bronze
Sep 17, 2009
During my free trial of MobileMe on Firefox, it was always slow.
I just attributed it to the Wonka-ish million little pieces floating around.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
You're right, it is slow. I've found it faster to edit my contacts either on the iPhone itself or outlook/windows contacts and sync. From what I've noticed, the speed has improved a little bit but it is still too slow for such an expensive service, IMO.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
You're right, it is slow. I've found it faster to edit my contacts either on the iPhone itself or outlook/windows contacts and sync. From what I've noticed, the speed has improved a little bit but it is still too slow for such an expensive service, IMO.
I used the free MobileMe trial period to try to get my contacts working right. After tinkering and fixing, I found I really saw no value with MM that justified its price and it was slow. I accessed it both ways FF & Safari with my MBP with similar results. After a month, I canceled the account.

YMMV