Mobile Terminal won't run

I have openSSH running on my phone. It installed great and things are running smoothly. I then downloaded and installed mobile terminal so that I could change my password. It installed fine, I thought. But everytime I try to run it it opens and then immediately shuts down.

I did a respring and a hard reboot, but nothing has changed. Has anyone else had this problem? Any thoughts on fixes?

Thanks!

Thank you!
Now please excuse my ignorance, but I'm still new to using openSSH. I have copied over theme files and that's about it. How do I go about installing this after I download it on my pc? Which folder do I place it in on the phone?

Thanks for helping out a newbie!

iblastoff

Bronze
Jul 20, 2010
Toronto, Canada
iblastoff.ca
Thank you!
Now please excuse my ignorance, but I'm still new to using openSSH. I have copied over theme files and that's about it. How do I go about installing this after I download it on my pc? Which folder do I place it in on the phone?

Thanks for helping out a newbie!
if you're on a mac just run terminal, connect to your iPhone and use dpkg. or you can just install ifile from cydia, then run ifile and go to the deb file you uploaded to your phone and install it from there.

KoukiFC3S

Bronze
Apr 7, 2010
Same issue here.

I used the rock app to change my root pw. When I launched it it asked me to change it.

bocadoc

Aug 9, 2010
I am a complete newbie. I have managed to unlock my iPhone 3GS (running iOS 4) using the jailbreak,e website, and I have Cydia and SSH. I am finding that MobileTerminal (version 364.1-10) minimizes immediately after being started. I have a PC, not a Mac. I have downloaded the zip file Terminal-426-unstable.zip (the "unstable" part of the name scares me a bit, I must say) and it now sits on my PC. I have SSH installed. I saw the previous post

"or you can just install ifile from cydia, then run ifile and go to the deb file you uploaded to your phone and install it from there"

I have no idea how to do that or what that sentence even means. Could someone post step-by-step idiiot-proof instructions for me?

Thanks!

iVlad

Oct 10, 2010
I'm having this same problem. Just installed Mobile Terminal so I can change my password and every time I open it, it crashes immediately. Can anyone help?