Mobile versions of Web sites

wacevedo

Aug 13, 2007
Oregon
I have visited several web sites that automatically display their mobile version of the site when accessed from the iPhone. Many of them don't really have an iPhone capable version but the WAP version that you get when connecting with any other wireless phone. Once I get this web version displayed on my iPhone (basically text) I can't make it go back to the normal web page no matter how many times I reload or change the address to remove the "/mobile" that gets automatically added to the URL. Any ideas as to how to fix this? :mad:

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I have visited several web sites that automatically display their mobile version of the site when accessed from the iPhone. Many of them don't really have an iPhone capable version but the WAP version that you get when connecting with any other wireless phone. Once I get this web version displayed on my iPhone (basically text) I can't make it go back to the normal web page no matter how many times I reload or change the address to remove the "/mobile" that gets automatically added to the URL. Any ideas as to how to fix this? :mad:
I know on google you can scroll to the bottom and click the link that says 'switch to classic'. Then bookmark and it will be the classic version when you use it.

SrLANGuy

Jul 22, 2007
I know on google you can scroll to the bottom and click the link that says 'switch to classic'. Then bookmark and it will be the classic version when you use it.
That's fine for Google, but this problem happens on many web sites.

If you're automatically directed to the mobile version of a web site and they don't have a link to the full version, is there a way to trick the site into thinking you're not on a mobile phone?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i noticed this with facebook and i STILL have not found a cure! ; ;

...it's getting really annoying.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia

Ahh! I had the same problem and I hated it! I was able to find a fix though :cool:. Using your extremely convenient google search on safari search for "facebook". After letting it load, click on the first "facebook" link and (if it works like mine) it should take you to the REAL facebook site and no longer return to the facebook mobile site, unless you enter in that address again.

Sep 14, 2007
some site will automatically change if it detects you are on a mobile device. I have set http://limitededitioniphone.com to auto switch to the mobile version if it detects that you are on an iPhone. Really its up to the web designers and not much you can do to change it.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
i was hoping this thread listed mobile version URLs of popular web sites.

Poo

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Use T9Space.com
They have mobile versions of many websites such as myspace, facebook, etc...

gentlegiantcraig

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Sunny South Florida

Actually if you scroll down to the bottom of the FaceBook mobile page, after you sign in, there is a url link called "regular site" and directs you to the regualr site :)