MobileAddressBook.app on iNdependence?

Casetay

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Does anyone know what this is and how we can get it to show up on the home screen? If you use iNdependence click on Customize then Applications and user. That would be cool to get your contacts without going to phone and then contacts.

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
Does anyone know what this is and how we can get it to show up on the home screen? If you use iNdependence click on Customize then Applications and user. That would be cool to get your contacts without going to phone and then contacts.
Just install Customize and move the application out of the hidden section!

Argelius

Jul 1, 2007
Just install Customize and move the application out of the hidden section!
I am running 1.1.1 and love having the Addressbook icon on the springboard.

A friend (who hasn't "upgraded" to 1.1.1) wants it too.

I copied the MobileAddressBook.app from my phone to his. Now the icon shows up on his 1.0.2 phone, but when you tap it on a blank (white) addressbook background shows up briefly, then it closes and returns to the springboard.

Anyone know how to get an Addressbook icon on a 1.0.2 phone?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I am running 1.1.1 and love having the Addressbook icon on the springboard.

A friend (who hasn't "upgraded" to 1.1.1) wants it too.

I copied the MobileAddressBook.app from my phone to his. Now the icon shows up on his 1.0.2 phone, but when you tap it on a blank (white) addressbook background shows up briefly, then it closes and returns to the springboard.

Anyone know how to get an Addressbook icon on a 1.0.2 phone?
I am not sure it works on 1.0.2, but what you describe could be due to not setting the permissions after copying the app to the 1.0.2 iPhone. Set the permissions and try again.

--
Mike