MobileChat (Best Messenger App There Will Be)

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
For those of you who jailbroke your phone and used this app know what I am talking about. This app is going to be by far the best messenger app in the app store. According to their site www.twenty08.com it is being reviewed by Apple and then will be available in the app store. For those of you looking for the perfect AIM, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, etc. app this is it.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I didn't have much luck with MobileChat on jailbreak. I hope since they'll be charging early adopters $3 that it will be more stable...

SnowCoast

Jul 11, 2008
Haha ridiculous. Why would I want to use this app, it sounds so lame. I have to pay to get updates pushed to my phone via SMS? Nonsense, I want a chat app so I don't have to use all my texts. Useless...........

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
My understanding of that feature is that it is their pseudo-push feature which you can enable or disable... with the real push feature coming upon the release of the Apple push service in September.

iPhone should just go ahead and come with unlimited texts, though, IMO... it's kind of stupid to have it come with none (none now... was 200 for free before)

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
um.. u can get unlimited texts on the new 3g plans now.. i have unlimited texts for my entire family plan which includes 3 iPhones for $30 a month

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007

Haha ridiculous. Why would I want to use this app, it sounds so lame. I have to pay to get updates pushed to my phone via SMS? Nonsense, I want a chat app so I don't have to use all my texts. Useless...........
You don't pay to get updates. Once you buy the app once, that is it. You never have to pay again. $2.99 forever. I had nothing but good fortune with the app before. It promises to be more stable. The app will handle AIM, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, Windows Live, Google Talk, Jabber, and Mobile Me. You will not find a better messenger application for the iPhone once it drops.

You can ENABLE push messages through SMS, that is merely an OPTION.

As much time an effort that the guys at twenty08 have put in this app they deserve it. This app is going to make the AIM app look even worse then it already is, take that for what it is worth. Not to mention there will be landscape messaging.

Iphonehead

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
You don't pay to get updates. Once you buy the app once, that is it. You never have to pay again. $2.99 forever. I had nothing but good fortune with the app before. It promises to be more stable. The app will handle AIM, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, Windows Live, Google Talk, Jabber, and Mobile Me. You will not find a better messenger application for the iPhone once it drops.

You can ENABLE push messages through SMS, that is merely an OPTION.

As much time an effort that the guys at twenty08 have put in this app they deserve it. This app is going to make the AIM app look even worse then it already is, take that for what it is worth. Not to mention there will be landscape messaging.
If you read their website, they state that major upgrades will be an extra cost.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
If you read their website, they state that major upgrades will be an extra cost.
You are right minor updates are free and major updates cost extra. I don't see how there ever will be a major upgrade. I think they are just protecting themselves.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'm currently using Palringo which I've been very impressed with. It does AIM, GTalk and others so it's been working for me very nicely. I have quickly replaced the AIM app with this one. The interface is very nice and I highly recommend giving it a look. I'd be interested to see the MobileChat since I used it heavily when I was jailbroken.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
um.. u can get unlimited texts on the new 3g plans now.. i have unlimited texts for my entire family plan which includes 3 iPhones for $30 a month
Thats text messages. This is chatting online.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007