MobileMe auto sync

GlennS

Bronze
Jul 23, 2010
I just installed MobileMe only iPhone 4 and Windows XP desktop running Outlook 7. Auto sync doesn't - I can do a manual sync, but auto sync appears to do nothing - I even have an issue with 1- hour sync - the only sync that appears to work us the manual sync. Has anyone else had this problem - any insights?

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Have experienced that sometimes with Win7 and Outlook. iPhone 4 always syncs with MM. But Outlook can be sketchy. No clue. Glitch in MM Control Panel?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes I once had to uninstall everything and everything related to it... even iTunes... in order to get it to work right. Every now and then it still seems to get stuck, but that has been rare lately. Considering the syncing was my main reason for getting MM that part darned better work.

jagxk

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Dunwoody, Georgia
I have been having sync problems since Sunday (9/21). I keep getting a message that basically states "the change in date and/or time cannot be synced at this time because of a server problem. I use MacBook, iPhone 3GS, and iCal. This is getting very very tiresome. Come on MobileMe get this fixed.

Jan 7, 2010
Any one having the issue sync quirkiness or loop redundancy between Addressbook and Gmail or google contacts and a third Yahoo contacts.

Please note I am not a MobileMe user or subscriber!

But I'm perplexed at the finder drop down window that groups the sync function with the MobileMe option in the same context!

Why do I feel Apple is pushing MobileMe onto me? And I hear of horrible things already! Why would I want to wait a day or two for sync when i already get that service at the banks!

But please help as I can only figure this out with your help on this crowd or hive mind troubleshooting.

To be specific
My error is that in this loop of all three accounts trying to sync together
There must be a bug or a user error in the settings! On one of these accounts because my sync on certain contacts start to act funky
Funky = additional redundant data added in machine like loop sequences

Like example

If I have a contact from
Prague Czech Republic
Or just plain old American
CA

Some of these get a loop going in this sync where the three get confused (addressbook, google, yahoo)

And I end up with a list over time added to the contact

So example

CA (ends up being)

CA
Ca
CA
CA
CA
CA
CA

Or certain fields not all are treated like this sometimes just Notes!
In the bottom of addressbook

So a note like

They live in Leeds

Ends up being

They live in Leeds

They live in Leeds

They live in Leeds

Etcetc etc

I don't know what to do besides turn off the Sync function in iTunes iPhone for my yahoo and goolge

But is it both? Or is it the addressbook and some MobileMe error? Orphaned over since the upgrade in the code?

Again I an not a MobileMe user
I don't subscribe but find the context menu to say or always bother me in the middle of many important long processes in Adobe Lightroom
Or Photoshop where the sync just decides to butt in and say
"Conflicts " or " modifications"
Or "add" or delete" window for me to Sync Now or Sync Later

Why is this doing this?
I'm not even in iTunes!
Nor is any app open
Or is this some Google app in the background ?

Please help?

I just want to keepy addressbook
From being hacked by all these sync cooks in the proverbial kitchen!

Thanks

makin

KellyUmi

Dec 9, 2010
MM is fairly reliable for me. The worst I have had to endure is slower sync at certain times but nothing over a few minutes.

You might want to try going into Wi-Fi settings, then "Renew Lease".