MobileMe = Garbage

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
MobileMe has given me the pleasure of working for 1 day, and then failing to sync any of my calendars. So - I turned of MobileMe on my PC with Outlook 2007, and I removed the account from my iPhone and synced via iTunes.

From here, I turned MobileMe back on and everything worked great, for only one day. I'm back to all three calendars reflecting different data.

I think Apple put out MobileMe a little to soon. Disappointment.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Sorry it isn't working out for you. My account is working great - all features working fully, except push, which is so so. Hopefully Apple will improve this soon.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
it is working really good for me, the only issue that i have is that my computer 10.4.11 thinks that it is still on idisk, and not mobile and only giving me 10 gigs instead of 20gigs

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
For me, everything is syncing fine between my iPhone and my Vista PC with Outlook 2007, but I cannot access my calendar on me.com. I can get to my email and my contacts fine, but I can't access the calendar. I suppose that's not TOO big an issue, but I'd like to tweak the colors a bit and get it all working correctly. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

Theutus

Jul 13, 2008
Outlook works flawlessly for me....

Me.com on the other hand changes the times of my appointments, and lags out at random....

It's a crap service that shouldn't have been released yet.... I wish Gmail would come up with some really nice integration for the iPhone, i'd love to just stick with it.

Every other click in the calendar I get an error message "Calendar cannot access the server" or something stupid like that.... pisses me off for 99.00

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm still having a hard time seeing the justification of paying $99 a year for email.
I use IMAP google setup for mail, and for my calendar, I sync my Outlook on my PC with Google automatically using their sync tool. I can have it sync every 5 minutes if I wanted. and every time you access the calendar in the 2.0 software, it syncs to google anyway, which would sync with your PC, so it may not be push, but it will all be the same working off your phone.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm not sold on it either (yet). But because the push feature is much slower than Apple expected (and advertised), they are increasing all sunscriptions by 30days. Trials too.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
MobileMe has given me the pleasure of working for 1 day, and then failing to sync any of my calendars. So - I turned of MobileMe on my PC with Outlook 2007, and I removed the account from my iPhone and synced via iTunes.

From here, I turned MobileMe back on and everything worked great, for only one day. I'm back to all three calendars reflecting different data.

I think Apple put out MobileMe a little to soon. Disappointment.
Agreed completely. I too have turned my back on MobileMe in favor of an Exchange account, which, by the way works WONDERFULLY and costs me LESS for a year's worth of service than MobileMe.

1badx

Sep 23, 2007
MobileMe has been working OK for me. I've had a few bumps along the way but as of right now it's working great.
I did have a problem with appointments being synced at different times until I noticed that I had the server set to a different time zone than my Mac and iPhone. After I changed them all to the same time zone, the problem stopped.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
The only thing I wish is that Entourage would get an update to sync contact photos. Until they do, I am using MMe instead of my Exchange account for anything other than email.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I dig my mobile me. Everything seems to be working well, including the mail.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I dig my mobile me. Everything seems to be working well, including the mail.
Mine works well also. Maybe now I will change my work email to my mobile me and just use that. Not having to work with MS in the middle is bliss.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
It's being "updated" this weekend...so we'll see what happens.
I wonder what the update will change? And are you speaking of the current weekend we're in, or this coming (next weekend) weekend?

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
I wonder what the update will change? And are you speaking of the current weekend we're in, or this coming (next weekend) weekend?

This current weekend we are in. They (an announcement on Apples web site) said that it would be down, off and on this weekend.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
This current weekend we are in. They (an announcement on Apples web site) said that it would be down, off and on this weekend.
Oh, cool! Thanks - I hadn't even noticed it being down when it was.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Agreed completely. I too have turned my back on MobileMe in favor of an Exchange account, which, by the way works WONDERFULLY and costs me LESS for a year's worth of service than MobileMe.
Which service are you using for your Exchange account?

rmfnla

Bronze
I'm lucky; I'm able to use the Exchange ActiveSync with my server at work.

Outlook works fine; it seems there always problems when an Apple application has to interact with one from Microsoft.

Works great and it doesn't cost anything.