MobileMe to extend 60 days Free

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Just got an email...for those people who were signed up by Aug. 19th, you will be extended 60 days for free.

This is sorta to say: Sorry that it was so bad.

I'm sure those of you that use MobileMe got the same email, but I wanted to post. :)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I did not get that one. I got one earlier that said my account would be extended 30 days. Maybe because I had .mac before mobile me. Or maybe I will still get this email also?

EDIT: I got the email. 60 days ext is good for me!

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i'd love for it to just work. i don't mind paying for something, i just expect it to do what it's supposed to. i really hope they're putting enough resources on this.

Apr 12, 2008
Houston, Tx
i think three months free, unless you are including the trial period.
I signed up August 5th and my free trial ends October 5th, now we get 60 free days extra, that would be four months, I hope this is how it works.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i think three months free, unless you are including the trial period.
Exactly - 3 months free total. I just got the email and here's what it says:

MobileMe Update

We have already made many improvements to MobileMe, but we still have many more to make. To recognize our users' patience, we are giving every MobileMe subscriber as of today a free 60 day extension. This is in addition to the one month extension most subscribers have already received. We are working very hard to make MobileMe a great service we can all be proud of. We know that MobileMe's launch has not been our finest hour, and we truly appreciate your patience as we turn this around. Read this article for more details.

The MobileMe Team

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
I signed up August 5th and my free trial ends October 5th, now we get 60 free days extra, that would be four months, I hope this is how it works.
yeah, with the trial period, you got yourself four free months of substandard service. not bad! im sure they'll get the bugs fixed. it's admirable that they recognize their failures and have offered generous compensation. im nearly happy.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I just got it today, not knowing about the free days, do you think that I will get it? Haven't gotten the email yet? No big deal if I don't. I like it though.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I just got it today, not knowing about the free days, do you think that I will get it? Haven't gotten the email yet? No big deal if I don't. I like it though.
Yes, you will get it. According to the email, you have to be a member as of August 19 at midnight (pacific time).

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I quit getting the offer to even try Me since I declined it on so many initial invites.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I quit getting the offer to even try Me since I declined it on so many initial invites.
I got offered it when I bought the iMac, but decided not to get it. Then I read up on it and I decided to try it. Now, I LOVE it! I am constantly changing things on my iPhone for work and keeping track of meetings and stuff. This makes it easy. Not only that, but I'm a big fan of the idisk. Eliminates the need for jump drives. YAY! No more misplace jump drives ;)

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
No more misplace jump drives ;)
This is very very true! They advertise that jump drives are getting smaller, I hate it! the easier they are too lose, then you have to buy more! ahhh
I may like this mobile me after all..

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Yeah I lost one of those damn drives when I was dumb enough to keep a password text file on it. Had to scramble to reasign passwords to literally everything. A tough lesson quickly learned.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
This is very very true! They advertise that jump drives are getting smaller, I hate it! the easier they are too lose, then you have to buy more! ahhh
I may like this mobile me after all..
I think it's great. I use a Mac at home and a PC at work. Being a teacher, I do a lot of work at home that has to be transferred to school. I am constant using a jump drive but it doesn't always transfer from Mac to PC as well as I want it to and I always get these darn "extra" files with underscores that are nothing. I just trash them.

Anyway, with MobileMe, I just save it to the idisk, get to work, open MobileMe, and I can get the file. So much easier!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Mobile me has been ok for me... i get email quick (although i haven't found calendar syncs to be "push" so far). I have been saying all along, however, that i wouldn't pay for it. Maybe by the time my trial is up (five months total so far), they can convince me to pay for it.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
My question about the trial version is:

I am about 90% sure that I am NOT going to be using MobileMe but like some new things that I have heard about it. If I do MM and clear the contacts from my phone to the cloud, do everything get reset once I deactivate my account? I have a MBP and all my contacts calendars addresses etc are on my computer. Will my calendar and number be OK if I cancel MM?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I don't think you clear the contacts to the cloud. You just sync them to the cloud. (I love the way we talk about this cloud like it exists) ;)

So, in theory, if you cancel your account, nothing should disappear. The contacts are still on your computer and your phone, just not on the cloud.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
So, in theory, if you cancel your account, nothing should disappear. The contacts are still on your computer and your phone, just not on the cloud.
That is what I was looking for!