MobileMe - Your Thoughts

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
What are you thoughts-
MobileMe, the Internet service from Apple, automatically pushes new email, contacts, and calendar events to your Mac or PC and over the air to your iPhone and iPod touch. So no matter where you are, your devices are always up to date. You also get easy photo sharing, 20GB of online storage, and more.
$99.00
Ships: Mid July
Free Shipping

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I'm not sure, as I was battling falling asleep during the entire MobileMe presentation.

And just so it's noted, "MobileMe" is a TERRIBLE name for an Apple product. What were Apple marketing execs thinking?

motuser

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I'm actually kind of excited about Mobile Me. I have never been able to sync my contacts so if this works, I won't be as concerned when it comes time for a new iPhone and moving my 500+ contacts over! Not that I'll be buying the 3G iPhone right away - not a compelling enough product for me.

DaGodfather

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
Wow! Thats a lot of contacts.

I'm actually kind of excited about Mobile Me. I have never been able to sync my contacts so if this works, I won't be as concerned when it comes time for a new iPhone and moving my 500+ contacts over! Not that I'll be buying the 3G iPhone right away - not a compelling enough product for me.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
As I'm getting the new MacBook, and push would be very useful to me, as well as 20 gigs of online storage, I'm taking advantage of the $30 discount with a new computer.

- John

davidlw

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Mobile Me makes the iPhone worth buying alone for road salesmen.

davidlw

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
I am a self employed traveling salesman and do not have Enterprise so Mobile Me would be great for us small guys.

May 6, 2007
United States
I am not very excited because I check mail on this laptop primarily. I don't quite see the $100 value in it, unless one has many, many contacts and gets emails very regularly. Wouldn't this burn even more iPhone battery?

I guess this could be one of those failing Apple gimmicks. One of just a few.

But, hey, I am sure it won't be.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Remember what happened to Windows Me
Need i say more?