MobileRSS update 1.4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

garretwp

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
A new update for MobileRSS version 1.4 is out. It now loads and has a loading screen when loading up the feeds. Still no support for having a list of feeds on the screen and then having a choice to click that feed to load up. Still nice to see progress being made! The only issue I am seeing right now is that slashdot feed does not render correctly on the main screen. I get blank lines right after each story. How is it working for everyone else?

- Garrett

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
A new update for MobileRSS version 1.4 is out. It now loads and has a loading screen when loading up the feeds. Still no support for having a list of feeds on the screen and then having a choice to click that feed to load up. Still nice to see progress being made! The only issue I am seeing right now is that slashdot feed does not render correctly on the main screen. I get blank lines right after each story. How is it working for everyone else?
Because of the "load everything at startup!" behavior I only have Digg and NY Times feeds at the moment--they work well.

I love the app but would really prefer seeing--on the first screen--just the names of my feeds (expanding to show/DL articles after I tap a feed).

Would also like it to save state, at least to some degree. Going into Safari to see a full story is a chore, exascerbated by the fact that when I return to MobileRSS it starts from scratch. Perhaps if MobileRSS had its own HTML renderer (like the Mail app) it would be easier (negating the need to switch to Safari).

It's interesting that this app doesn't trigger the data indicator on the status bar too.

--
Mike

Warfa

Sep 1, 2007
this is proabably a dumb question but how do i set up feed in MobileRSS?
i have tried to type on the for example www.engadget.com on the feed field but nothing happens! Thanks for any tip! :)