mod after update

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Oh we will, that is just something we are going to have to live with. Unfortunately there is now way around this, that i know of, at the moment. It would be nice if we could create our own update file so that it had all the files we added within.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I did the same thing, you have to remember to replace new update file into your mod folder. And make sure that you power off the phone, disconnect from dock, then plug back in, turn it on and then press and hold the sleep/wake and home button until the Connect To iTunes triangle appears

ijosheek

Aug 1, 2007
After i ran jailbreak.exe it's hung up at booting iPhone...

Did this happen to anyone else?
I used iFuntastic v2 to mod my ringtones back after the update and worked great! I have yet to see any problems, but I'll keep you all posted. :)

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I did the same thing, you have to remember to replace new update file into your mod folder. And make sure that you power off the phone, disconnect from dock, then plug back in, turn it on and then press and hold the sleep/wake and home button until the Connect To iTunes triangle appears
Ahh, i tried to be lazy,,, So i have to go through the entire process again with the new restore file?

ijosheek

Aug 1, 2007
Ahh, i tried to be lazy,,, So i have to go through the entire process again with the new restore file?
yes, that's the down-side of this new update. If you have hacked your iPhone, most peeps had to restore it. Quite the process to resync all of your contacts, emails, etc.

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
i have a couple of files.

iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1A543a_to_1C25_Update.ipsw 7253 kb
iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1C25_Restore.ipsw 93,387kb

Which one are you creating a zip file with?

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
The larger of the two because if you had modded your phone before the update you needed to download the whole 92mb one. Atleast that is what i did and i am now fully up and modded again plus more hehe :sick:

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
The larger of the two because if you had modded your phone before the update you needed to download the whole 92mb one. Atleast that is what i did and i am now fully up and modded again plus more hehe :sick:
so you went with this one?
iPhone1,1_1.0.1_1C25_Restore.ipsw 93,387kb

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I am using the original version i downloaded when wjp09 released his thread with the ring tone instructions. So which ever version that is. I didn't bother to download a new one, i figured that one would have worked just fine and it did.