Moda Vibe duo: is it me?

mcouper

Jul 7, 2007
Is it me or does it not sound good? The bass is extremely strong, and the treble is sort of lost. Even when I set the equalizer to "Treble Boost". It also sounds a bit "tinny"..
Is there a better earphone with a microphone?
Thanks.

direktor

Jun 26, 2007
I think they sound horrible. I loved the fabric wiring and how everything else about them was well made and lightweight...

...but the sound, I couldn't handle. The muddiest things I've ever heard, huge peak around 150hz. Yuk.

[edit: There's evidence that the Vibes have been inconsistent this way throughout. Mine were so bad I couldn't help wonder if they were faulty]

tungkee

Jul 5, 2007
interesting, I was considering getting a pair. I'll let you guys know my experience when i pick some up. I can always return them if I don't like them....

-tungkee

Jul 6, 2007
Im waiting for a something similar, but with a in-line controller, like the included Apple earbuds.
Yeah, another disappointment with companies rushing things out that are iPhone compatible. The headphones are good, but why no inline control of the iPod part of the phone (unless I am missing something)? It is disappointing to buy something like this when they don't make it clear that it doesn't function similar to the Apple earbuds.

SD

Bruno43

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah, sounds good but after using it for 4 days I am going to take it back. I really need/want the controls so I don't have to pull the phone out of my pocket.

eric1952

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
moda vibe duo

Is it me or does it not sound good? The bass is extremely strong, and the treble is sort of lost. Even when I set the equalizer to "Treble Boost". It also sounds a bit "tinny"..
Is there a better earphone with a microphone?
Thanks.
i picked up a pair yesterday and i love these headphones.they are very comfortable,and i think they sound great.i do miss the pause button on the Apple microphone.i think it is also important to have the right size tip on the headphone.

mcouper

Jul 7, 2007
i picked up a pair yesterday and i love these headphones.they are very comfortable,and i think they sound great.i do miss the pause button on the Apple microphone.i think it is also important to have the right size tip on the headphone.
Yeah I had the right size tip..it's the sound quality that bothered me. I took them back, and I kind of prefer the Apple ones. It's also much better to hear part of what's going on in the outside world without the Vibes :)

AtmInside

Jul 4, 2007
I emailed them asking about the controls:

"Adam,

The next generation of the DUO, set to come out next month, will come equipped with the answer/play/pause/skip control!

Keep checking our website at www.shop.v-moda.com for updates and release dates.

Rock on,

V-MODA Customer Service"

Jul 6, 2007
If you read the V-Moda Review on iLounge, it basically says that the company constantly updates its products (which is why iLounge hasn't given them a grade yet on their Vibes review, they have received 3 different versions of the same product).)

eric1952

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
v-moda

"Adam,

The next generation of the DUO, set to come out next month, will come equipped with the answer/play/pause/skip control!

Rock on,

V-MODA Customer Service"
thanks for the tip.as much as i love these i am going to return them to wait for the next gen.

AtmInside

Jul 4, 2007
That sounds really weird. Why would they release a new one now, and another in a month?
I bet they just rushed and jumped the gun by not including the controls.
Or, then again, it could be just to make more money.

Either way, I love my VModa Vibes that I have been using for my iPod for the past year...so I will def. be waiting for these with the controls to come out, and will buy them asap.

rwnewton

Jul 11, 2007

"Adam,

Rock on,

V-MODA Customer Service"
can't wait for VModa's next gen. sounds like what i'm looking for. thanks for the info.

rebelace

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Beaumont,Texas
www.thechadburge.com
I picked up a pair yesterday and they sound really good night and day difference when compared side by side with the stock headphones. I actually laughed when I put the stocks back in they were so bad compared to the vibe's. But yes they do have a really strong bass presense in them which in my younger days (lol im only 19) I liked but now I like to hear a even balance of all the sounds so I just tested out the different eq settings and bass reducer seems to float my cereal just fine for me.