modbook vs. iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
Well I know a lot of you guys heard about the modbook... but I would love to get my hands on one... but for ONLY! $2500 - 3000 my pockets aint that deep... lol

So what are your thoughts about the modbook?

p.s I know its been out for a year now but a lot others don't know about the modbook

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ModBook

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Well I know a lot of you guys heard about the modbook... but I would love to get my hands on one... but for ONLY! $2500 - 3000 my pockets aint that deep... lol

So what are your thoughts about the modbook?

p.s I know its been out for a year now but a lot others don't know about the modbook

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ModBook

How in the hell are you comparing this to an iPhone? Because they are both made by Apple? Take this to the "Off Topic" forum where it belongs.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I don't know about anyone else, but I for one, would not want one of these for the same price as a MacBook Pro. Also, I like to have the laptop to protect the screen.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Funny, I searched Apple's site for "Modbook" and nothing came up.
The Reason it's called The Axiotron ModBook™ is because it's not an Apple product.
Other than that, it's just another tablet with Wacom's old tech.

PS it doesn't recognize "touch", just the pen.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
At the higher end, you can have it spec'd out just like the MBP. This thing would be the bomb for Photoshop work, and at the beginning of this year I had every intention of replacing my aged laptop with one as soon as the new MPBs were to be announced in June. My old Dell didn't make it that long, though. I had to replace it in March - before these were even shipping.
I'd still strongly consider one, though. At it's price point, it's cost comparable (Apples for Apples - no pun intended) to Windows based tablets.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I agree with 4 posts above.

I would rather have my MacBookPro than this.

That's a pretty dang small keyboard too. I would rather it take up hald the screen like the iPhone's.

- John

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
At the higher end, you can have it spec'd out just like the MBP. This thing would be the bomb for Photoshop work, and at the beginning of this year I had every intention of replacing my aged laptop with one as soon as the new MPBs were to be announced in June. My old Dell didn't make it that long, though. I had to replace it in March - before these were even shipping.
I'd still strongly consider one, though. At it's price point, it's cost comparable (Apples for Apples - no pun intended) to Windows based tablets.
Better scenario would be getting a Wacom Cintiq 20" and a mac mini.
That tablet is weak in comparison to the new Cintiq displays. There is now a 21", a 20" widescreen, and a 12"- and those are "draw on the monitor" type tablets. If the Hardware ever dies on the mac mini, the wacom would still be functional to move to the next system.
I've had an Intuos 9X12 tablet since they came out and it's still going strong. But I want the 20" widescreen and that way I can run dual display.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
it is nice.. but the point made above about the price being the same for the macbook pro got me thinking that. i agree... id go for a macbook pro... don't get me wrong .. this is a cool thing but for the price..... not all that cool.... wait.. like all electronics... this to will drop in price

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
That guy in the video was a very boring salesman. I did not make it all the way through the video.

Unlike the Steve Jobs iPhone video (the one where he announced the iPhone and showed the features) that I geekily watched the entire thing from start to end. :)

So I have to say I would not get a modbook.