Modded 1.1.2 phone Installed 1.1.3 Problem

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I had a modded 1.1.2 and a lot of programs. I updated iTunes and the did a restore with update. The only thing that went wrong was I had no voicemail. If you pressed the VM icon it did nothing, like the vm software was not installed. After restoring again, resetting, powering on and off, I called AT&T. The voicemail feature had to be removed from my account and put back on. I don't know if this was a direct effect of the 1.1.2 mod or what, but just incase someone else has this happen to them.

PLEASE HACK 1.1.3:cool:

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Has anyone else had any other problems after updating their phone to 1.1.3? I have a modded phone as well and want to make sure nothing gets screwed up.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
The term re-virginize means bringing your iPhone back to its out of box state before upgrading.

I would say that you should restore you iPhone to the revision that came with it. So if your phone came with 1.1.2 restore that revision before going to 1.1.3

Going from a jailbroken operating system directly to 1.1.3 is not wise.

Also, as has been stated here many times on other threads, do not install 1.1.3 if you still want to jailbreak the iPhone. Jailbreak does not currently work for 1.1.3. Alo be aware that once you upgrade to 1.1.3 you cannot fall back to an older revision.