Modded iPhone in Apple Store funny story!

omega047

Nov 5, 2007
so i had some screen issues in which one side of my screen looked burnt and had some little bubbles in it not like dead pixels cause there were some near the top of the glass too but anyway i went to the Apple store iPhone hacked all out intelliscreen terminal finder bossprefs all kinds of stuff the guy is like i can replace this but do you have a back up (i never back up) so i was like well i'll go back up and come back tomorrow he was like ok cool i can replace it then but could you remove all this stuff i don't think Apple would like me sending this back. i come back next day apparently no one in the store ever see's modded iPhones so he was like man we were just talking about you while im there i was talking to them about getting lepord lessons with it installed on my pc http://www.osx86project.org/ and they were like dude if you can do that you don't need lessons anyway i burned one of the sales dudes a copy of the Iatkos iso to do the boot and it has a copy of lepord on it all while i was jailbreaking and installing everything i lost from getting a new phone.

i did all of this on a vaio notebook too in the middle of the Apple store.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
So let me get this right? You have Leopard working on a regular PC?

What did you need to be able to do that? I've googled everything and keep reading the same thing. I need a modified version of Leopard, yet cannot seem to find it anywhere :(

so i had some screen issues in which one side of my screen looked burnt and had some little bubbles in it not like dead pixels cause there were some near the top of the glass too but anyway i went to the Apple store iPhone hacked all out intelliscreen terminal finder bossprefs all kinds of stuff the guy is like i can replace this but do you have a back up (i never back up) so i was like well i'll go back up and come back tomorrow he was like ok cool i can replace it then but could you remove all this stuff i don't think Apple would like me sending this back. i come back next day apparently no one in the store ever see's modded iPhones so he was like man we were just talking about you while im there i was talking to them about getting lepord lessons with it installed on my pc http://www.osx86project.org/ and they were like dude if you can do that you don't need lessons anyway i burned one of the sales dudes a copy of the Iatkos iso to do the boot and it has a copy of lepord on it all while i was jailbreaking and installing everything i lost from getting a new phone.

i did all of this on a vaio notebook too in the middle of the Apple store.

omega047

Nov 5, 2007
if you can find iatkos its bundled in with it atleast on the version i found check demonoid for it thats where i got it its a big file but its well seeded
So let me get this right? You have Leopard working on a regular PC?

What did you need to be able to do that? I've googled everything and keep reading the same thing. I need a modified version of Leopard, yet cannot seem to find it anywhere :(

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I found iAtkos on mininova and am downloading it now.

Shall see what happens when it downloads in 7 hours time.

if you can find iatkos its bundled in with it atleast on the version i found check demonoid for it thats where i got it its a big file but its well seeded

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Ok, I download iAtkos and installed into using a spare hard drive on my PC. I now have Leopard up and running on my PC. Freaky, but cool.

I have one problem, I cannot get out onto the internet. Leopard recognizes my NIC, but will not connect to my router and obtain a IP address via DHCP.

Did you guys have this problem? I heard it's quite common in Leopard on a PC.

Just wondering if you guys knew a quick fix?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Doesn't matter, I worked it out. Apparantely Apple doesn't support many external products, and drivers do not exist for them. My PC has an Intel NIC and there are no Apple drivers for it.

Ok, I download iAtkos and installed into using a spare hard drive on my PC. I now have Leopard up and running on my PC. Freaky, but cool.

I have one problem, I cannot get out onto the internet. Leopard recognizes my NIC, but will not connect to my router and obtain a IP address via DHCP.

Did you guys have this problem? I heard it's quite common in Leopard on a PC.

Just wondering if you guys knew a quick fix?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I have a Quad Core 2.8ghz, 2TB RAID hardives, 4GB RAM, 256MB NVidia display card, wireless mouse/keyboard, gigabyte NIC and a 22" LCD screen. I paid $599 from Dell for that spec.

The Apple equivalent is $4300 ish (spec it on their site). And then if I wanted to run Windoze apps, I would need that emulator thing.

I now have a dual boot PC for a fraction of the cost.

Why would I want to go for Apple? I guess I could paint my Dell white and stick an Apple sticker onto it?

We're in a recession my friend. Every penny counts.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
i had leopard running on my comp using kalyway but then i felt bad because it was very illegal......but very awesome for awhile

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
so my question is, is this method of putting leapord on your computer work well as in, does it run smoothly? Or can you not be doing a ton of things on it at once etc..i have a mac and had the bootcamp program (torrent from one of those sites) and it didn't work well. it lagged a lot and i couldn't really run programs on it. I'm just curious.