Modding phone safe?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I read another post about modding being super safe and unlocking being a bit risky... So now I'm really interested in modding my phone! Is it true modding is super Safe and is modding easy? I'm on a pc so ibrickr would be the software for me correct? And would I be able to still sync my phone through iTunes after modding? Btw I'm on firmware 1.1.1 ok any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! :)

smitty24

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I read another post about modding being super safe and unlocking being a bit risky... So now I'm really interested in modding my phone! Is it true modding is super Safe and is modding easy? I'm on a pc so ibrickr would be the software for me correct? And would I be able to still sync my phone through iTunes after modding? Btw I'm on firmware 1.1.1 ok any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! :)
i haven't encountered any problems once unlocked or jailbroken. i wouldn't think that jailbreaking is 100% safe, but its definitely nice and obivously more safe than unlocking...and yes on the iBrickr since youre using a PC. Also, iTunes should have no problem syncing, you just don't want to have it set to auto update the firmware....

1.1.1 FTW!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
If you're happy with the prospect of voiding your official warranty, and can do without a phone for unspecified periods while you mess with the phone - yes it's pretty safe.

You will loose the ability to update easily when new official firmware comes out and there's a risk of introducing problems as most of the 'third party' software is from sources that are unverified.