Modding Success?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sjb03008

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I want to take an informal poll. What is the success rate of the current modding process. I'm itching to mod, but I want to go in with some data first so I know I'm making the right choice.

Thanks!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I want to take an informal poll. What is the success rate of the current modding process. I'm itching to mod, but I want to go in with some data first so I know I'm making the right choice.

Thanks!
could you specify which firmware you are running and also which version you are looking to conduct the general survey on?

sjb03008

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
could you specify which firmware you are running and also which version you are looking to conduct the general survey on?
I am running firmware 1.1.1 as for what version, I'm assuming you mean which of the upgrade versions, I am looking to try the one where you don't need to downgrade preferably.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I am running firmware 1.1.1 as for what version, I'm assuming you mean which of the upgrade versions, I am looking to try the one where you don't need to downgrade preferably.
So basically...........

Your looking for the success rate of people who modded in v1.1.1?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Take a look at Tinman's Easy Upgrade thread, there's a number of people in there who have been successful.

I myself had no problems using his older "easy" instructions, and a buddy of mine who was absolutely ANTI-Modding finally gave it a go when Tinman posted the "1 button" method. He also had no problems modding, and it was his first time after much arm twisting to get him there.

I wouldn't have upraded if I didn't feel comfortable doing it, but I think the mod has finally reached that level of simplicity. If you're still weary, I would assume that AppTapp's rendition of this hack is just around the corner since the "Touch Free" 1 button mod method has now been discovered.

Aug 28, 2007
Take a look at Tinman's Easy Upgrade thread, there's a number of people in there who have been successful.

I myself had no problems using his older "easy" instructions, and a buddy of mine who was absolutely ANTI-Modding finally gave it a go when Tinman posted the "1 button" method. He also had no problems modding, and it was his first time after much arm twisting to get him there.

I wouldn't have upraded if I didn't feel comfortable doing it, but I think the mod has finally reached that level of simplicity. If you're still weary, I would assume that AppTapp's rendition of this hack is just around the corner since the "Touch Free" 1 button mod method has now been discovered.
yup, heres my SS's

sjb03008

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007

I started to follow the guide, but everytime I try to visit the website on my iPhone, it doesn't crash, it just says "connection lost" or "server not responding"

sjb03008

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yup...and still nothing, it just says "Safari can't open the page The error was: "lost network connection" (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005)

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
yup...and still nothing, it just says "Safari can't open the page The error was: "lost network connection" (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005)[/quote i noticed that when i put www.jailbreak.toc2rta.com
i would get that error so try it now witout www. unless you werent putting that in the first place then idk