Modding the Apple Logo on startup?

AllanGT

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Dallas
Does anyone know if there's a way to change the color of the logo that appears on startup, or even change the image all together? That would be sick :cool:

DiBxna

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
in scottsdale, AZ
www.myspace.com
Does anyone know if there's a way to change the color of the logo that appears on startup, or even change the image all together? That would be sick :cool:
yes, i did it, but this is my dilemma: i changed it to just different shades of blue... and when i turn the phone on, it still shows the silver Apple just until it starts to "open up" to the home screen then it shows my blue one as it is dissappearing... ill try and snap a photo of it, but it literally shows for half a second... ive looked through every folder for a second instance of Applelogo.png and cant find it anywhere.

if i do figure it out you'll be seeing a tutorial on here.

AllanGT

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Dallas
Right on, I know there has to be a way... A customized startup logo would be perfect :laugh2:

DiBxna

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
in scottsdale, AZ
www.myspace.com
Right on, I know there has to be a way... A customized startup logo would be perfect :laugh2:
lol i turned down a few clubs tonight and my girl to snuggle up with the iPhone and interface software to tackle this. i hate when a piece of hardware outwits me and i will stay up til 7am if need be to figure it out.

let you know what i find.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
lol i turned down a few clubs tonight and my girl to snuggle up with the iPhone and interface software to tackle this. i hate when a piece of hardware outwits me and i will stay up til 7am if need be to figure it out.

let you know what i find.

I tried this before and the stubborn thing didn't change. There is only one start up "Applelogo.png" in all the files. Most, if not all of the icons in the UIKit directory won't change when you try to replace it with another file. I wonder why you can change some icons, but not all. Well, Good Luck. Hopefully you find something.:cool:

DiBxna

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
in scottsdale, AZ
www.myspace.com
I tried this before and the stubborn thing didn't change. There is only one start up "Applelogo.png" in all the files. Most, if not all of the icons in the UIKit directory won't change when you try to replace it with another file. I wonder why you can change some icons, but not all. Well, Good Luck. Hopefully you find something.:cool:
update: 519am, haha, i said 7am, im wide awake, and still pissed at my phone for not obeying my commands! got bored of trying to deal with the Applelogo.png and changed my blue battery to the duracell battery lol.....

so here i am with maybe 45 mn of awake time left in me just going through every folder with any .png files. this is annoying. it has to be possible, theres no way they shielded their logo just for the sake of a startup screen. if they did, they can kiss my ass for being able to do that with me now knowing how to view/change it lol

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Same problem. Mine only shows up in "transition"

Jul 21, 2007
I wish I could make it look like turning on a Mac. :)

Dark gray Apple logo on a light gray background.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
On the other forums modmyiPhone this problem has been troubleshooted excessively, and no one ever was able to find a way to get a custom logo to appear other than in "transition". The general consensus is that it's for some reason or another hard coded.