Modding tutorials?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cobalt24

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I know there is plenty of information out there about how to mod the iPhone, add apps, etc. And I know I can find it by Googling, and spending hours upon hours. But I'm wondering if we can start a dedicated sticky thread that puts the best of the best of the tutorials (step-by-step for the non-programmars here) at our fingertips? I just am afraid to try anything I find off Google - I'd trust the people on this forum much more to tell me the safest, best ways to mod the iPhone. :)

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I know there is plenty of information out there about how to mod the iPhone, add apps, etc. And I know I can find it by Googling, and spending hours upon hours. But I'm wondering if we can start a dedicated sticky thread that puts the best of the best of the tutorials (step-by-step for the non-programmars here) at our fingertips? I just am afraid to try anything I find off Google - I'd trust the people on this forum much more to tell me the safest, best ways to mod the iPhone. :)
You mean a step by step for lazy people ?
and to repost what has been rposted and post it again

cobalt24

Bronze
May 31, 2007
You mean a step by step for lazy people ?
and to repost what has been rposted and post it again
Wow what is with all the animosity? I've been reading all these threads and looking everything up and it just seems to me there are 50 ways to do the same thing. I want to know what really works, and I want to discuss that.

I mean COLLECTING in a Sticky what has been said in a consise manner that actually makes sense and doesn't screw up a person's $600 device. Is that OK?

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
This has already been done! Seek (at least a little more than you obviously did) and you shall find:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/forums/iphone-jailbreak/

Last edited by a moderator:

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Wow what is with all the animosity? I've been reading all these threads and looking everything up and it just seems to me there are 50 ways to do the same thing. I want to know what really works, and I want to discuss that.

I mean COLLECTING in a Sticky what has been said in a consise manner that actually makes sense and doesn't screw up a person's $600 device. Is that OK?
see randyg avatar :p

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I recently modded my phone, and the problem with getting directions here is they're not contiguous. They branch off in different directions based on what firmware version you have. Sure, they all wind back to the same round about end, but for someone who's unfamiliar with the terminology it's hard to tell step 1 from step 16.

The site is a little slow right now, it's getting hammered, but I found the instructions here a lot clearer than what I found in these forums. Not saying I didn't appreciate the help, it's just that I had 6 different websites open from links I was given, and I couldn't make heads or tales of it once I got beyond the first 10 steps...

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_iphone_modding_101