Modding without Jailbreak, or iFuntastic

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
So, I haven't really seen it here, so I thought I'd post up. I installed AppTapp, and then installed a bunch of stuff. :laugh2: Once I installed SSH, I used cyperduck to access my phone's file structure as if it was a local hard drive. From there, you are able to browse your phone, and drag and drop multiple files right on the phone w/o jailbreaking or any of that stuff. Modding takes SECONDS now. If anyone has questions, post up, and I'll try to help out specific problems.

One last thing, some modding requires that you turn the phone off, and then back on before the phone will recognize new files, like the carrier logo, or the slider bar...

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
So, I haven't really seen it here, so I thought I'd post up. I installed AppTapp, and then installed a bunch of stuff. :laugh2: Once I installed SSH, I used cyperduck to access my phone's file structure as if it was a local hard drive. From there, you are able to browse your phone, and drag and drop multiple files right on the phone w/o jailbreaking or any of that stuff. Modding takes SECONDS now. If anyone has questions, post up, and I'll try to help out specific problems.

One last thing, some modding requires that you turn the phone off, and then back on before the phone will recognize new files, like the carrier logo, or the slider bar...
I use iPhoneBrowser and Windows. It sounds like the same type of program! Why don't you write a detailed guide with screenshots? That's what I'm going to do for iPhoneBrowser.

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
lol well theres the way Apple does it through iTunes when it writes the firmware... we could call that jailparole :D

hey rxmxsh my buddy in another forum had that give a damn pic lol