Modding your text in the slider bar...

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
How do you do that? How do you put what you want to say instead of "SLIDE TO UNLOCK". i've look everywhere but i haven't found a tutorial on how that is actually done. Can someone please point me to the right direction on where i can find how to do that? Thanks in advance!:laugh2:

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
How do you do that? How do you put what you want to say instead of "SLIDE TO UNLOCK". i've look everywhere but i haven't found a tutorial on how that is actually done. Can someone please point me to the right direction on where i can find how to do that? Thanks in advance!:laugh2:
Yeah, it's pretty easy!

Download this file - http://modmyiPhone.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=163

Open it in note pad or text edit and find the part that says "Slide to unlock" and delete that and put in whatever you want =)

You need to replace the the original file VIA SSH or iBrickr

The Location is System/library/CoreServices/Springboard/English.proj/ <---- (in here)

Then restart your your phone and your done ;)

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, it's pretty easy!

Open it in note pad or text edit and find the part that says "Slide to unlock" and delete that and put in whatever you want =)

The Location is System/library/CoreServices/Springboard/English.proj/ <---- (in here)

Thanks so much for the advice! it took me a while but i got it! there were too many strings to look at. But i got it done thanks to you! Thanks again!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Thanks so much for the advice! it took me a while but i got it! there were too many strings to look at. But i got it done thanks to you! Thanks again!
No problem, i should have said there's a s**t load of strings there, i just use function key & f on my mac and searched for "Slide to" and hit next until i got to it :laugh2:

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Yeah, it's pretty easy!

I'm using IBrickr...how do I replace the file?

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
I'm using IBrickr...how do I replace the file?
go to files, then click on System, Library, Coreservices, SpringBoard.app, English.Iproj/ once here, click on SpringBoard.strings on the "fake iPhone" in iBrickr and upload your modified version of the springboard.strings you may have to power cycle the phone for it to work... hope this helps :cool:

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
hmmm, if you used wordpad, notepad or ms word, then when you saved it, it saved it as a .txt file. when you hit save as, change the .txt on the second drop down to .strings if not to *.*All files...hope this fixes it

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
yes, the delete option appears on the left of the ibrickr screen when you click on a file, but its not appearing for that file. so i guess we cant delete this one.

phat

Aug 27, 2007
Thanks, but it just shows up as a separate .txt file, it doesn't replace the existing one.
if you're on a windows pc make sure that you have "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked under tools>folder options>view .. after saving SpringBoard.strings.txt to your desktop delete the .txt extension and upload/replace the SpringBoard.strings on the iPhone. hope this helps

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
hmmm, if you used wordpad, notepad or ms word, then when you saved it, it saved it as a .txt file. when you hit save as, change the .txt on the second drop down to .strings if not to *.*All files...hope this fixes it
Make sure u have show file extensions on in Windows and if it saves it as a txt, then rename to .strings (not sure if this will work, bu i think it should)

x-ception

Bronze
Sep 15, 2007
Hmm...no luck. It appears that is overwriting the same .txt file.
Is there anyway to delete a file off the iPhone through IBrickr?

i am attaching the file .. download it ... extract it and open it in wordpad and then look where it says "RazZz it" and edit it to whatever u want it to say on your slider and then don't click save as just click save and upload it your phone and it should work.

Attachments

Sep 28, 2007
Help!

i downloaded the springboard.strings and now my iPhone is messed up. everything is in CAPITAL letters. can someone send me the original one please?

Edit:

Fixed. Thanks to X-ception... =]
his springboard workd...