Modem Firmware blank. Is it possible to flash?

teamiphone

May 4, 2009
Im on version 2.0 (5A347) my modem firmware (General - About) is blank along with my ICCID, IMEI, Bluetooth reads all zero's and Wi-Fi reads N/A.

It sounds like everything that deals with communications on my phone is dead.

Can I firmware my modem? How? I would really like to get this fixed. I have moved my SIM card to my RAZR phone and using it there. Im on a windows machine.

Thanks for all your help!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
What version iPhone do you have, and if it's a 3G, are you still under warranty? (I think all 3g's are under warranty till June, then the people who first bought them in June will be out of warranty, followed by July...you get the idea of a year warranty)
If it's a V1 (aluminum back with black antenna cover at the bottom) then you have some problems ahead.
First things first. Have you jailbroken and unlocked the phone? That could be part of the problem if you have. You just need to do a restore to the version of firmware you are currently on.
IF you are not jailbroken and unlocked... There is a strong possibility that your modem card is dead. There is another thread on here about someone else with this problem, and I believe that they solved it, but I cannot remember for sure.
Hopefully someone else has a better solution for you.

teamiphone

May 4, 2009
Its the black 8g 3g that was bought last July. It is not a V1. The phone has been jailbroken with QuickPwn.

So you say to do a restore with the original/actual Apple firmware for firmware 2.0? Basically get rid of the jailbreak? And that is fine with me I just want the modem/communication working again.

Is there a firmwarm that I can use that will reload or re-flash the modem? What do the bootloaders do that I have read about?

Here is what is shown in General - About:

I have no service bars (Im a ligit ATT customer)
Wi-Fi: No Wi-Fi (greyed out)
Version: 2.0 (5A347)
Wi-Fi Address: N/A
Bluetooth: 00:00:00:00:00:00
IMEI: blank
ICCID: blank
Modem Firmware: blank

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Try restoring 2.0 stock, and if that doesn't work, 2.1 or even 2.2, but not 2.2.1 if you want to unlock anytime

teamiphone

May 4, 2009
Trying....I will let you know. Im restoring iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore

teamiphone

May 4, 2009
When trying to do a restore (Shift + Click) in iTunes version 8.1.1 (the latest) i get error 1002. So I went back to QuickPwn and used the stock 2.0 firmware to restore without Cydia or Installer and no boot icons. That finished up successfuly but still not modem firmwarre or ICCID or IMEI. I also have noticed that the camera says that hard drive is full when there is nothing on the phone at all.

So not really sure what to do at this point. Any thoughts? I have no warranty on this phone because it was dropped in water so both water marks on the phone where tripped voiding the warranty.

Thanks again for your help?