Modern Warfare 3, day 1: More energy used than a nuclear power station generates

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
oh no I am a bad Mommy ... son has to wait for his BD (Dec 11th)
we did play it releaseday at the Gamestop Party
lucky him we switched Christmas and BD presents or it would have meant to wait to 25th Dec

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I refuse to play any Modern Warfare games online with all the screaming kids.

It's BF3 for me.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I refuse to play any Modern Warfare games online with all the screaming kids.

It's BF3 for me.
Lol. I hear ya. I only play with friends and block all others.
I mute the players that do this straight away, usually in the lobby. I don't know why these people have the need to use a microphone and play loud music at the same time?

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
The boyfriends been on the couch all day playing the damn game. I bought him the limited edition turtle beach headset to go with the game, so It's like yelling at a brick wall.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I prefer a more tactical shooter that requires a lot of teamwork for victory. MW series is fun if you just want to run and gun.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I love the whole Battlefield franchise. Been playing for years (pc). BF 3 is awesome.
I'm about 50% in the campaign and I am loving it. Can't wait to either fix or buy a new console so I can play it online. Multiplayer on the PC sucks.

Also can't wait to get Call of Duty MW3, I'm a fan of both franchises.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm about 50% in the campaign and I am loving it. Can't wait to either fix or buy a new console so I can play it online. Multiplayer on the PC sucks.
I love the multiplayer for pc. I've played it now for 6 years. It's free on the pc, in contrast to xbox.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I love the multiplayer for pc. I've played it now for 6 years. It's free on the pc, in contrast to xbox.
The only reason I don't want to fix my console is because it's an Xbox. You can play any game you want online for free on a Playstation 3, and my friends are telling me that BF3's online servers on PS3 are amazing.

I honestly cannot believe how cheap Microsoft is. Have you ever seen the heat pads they installed on the Xbox 360 from 2005 - 2009? I swear they are like pieces of cotton, not to mention the useless heat sink. I got the red ring of death even though I only used my Xbox for about a couple of months then left it in its box because I was busy and had no use for it.

There are two things that ruin the multiplayer experience for me on PC: 1) My video card sucks compared to the recommended specifications (GeForce GT330M) which means I play at a low resolution, and 2) I live in Egypt and most people I've seen playing BF3 online on PC live in North America, which means the latency 'ping' between me and them is really high, in addition to the fact that my video card sucks, it's NOT enjoyable.