Modified Activation Poll

How long to activate and what OS

• Mac: Almost instantly. Less than 10 mins.

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • PC: Almost instantly. Less than 10 min.

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Mac: Had to wait a bit. 10 mins - an hour.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • PC: Had to wait a bit. 10 mins - an hour.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Mac: Took quite a while. 1 hr to 5 hrs.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • PC: Took quite a while. 1 hr to 5 hrs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac: Took nearly forever. 5 to 12 hrs.

• PC: Took nearly forever. 5 to 12 hrs.

• Mac: Not yet up.

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • PC: Not yet up.

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Existing customer. Took under 3 minutes to activate for me.

skyman

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Wow, nearly 50% still have not been activated. Not good.

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Took me about one hr. I took two phone numbers from Verizon and accidentally (not fully understanding the process more likely) did two family plans with one line each instead of one plan with two lines. Should have activated one, then once that was fully up and running, add the second line, but I did one, and while I was waiting for it to activate, did the other one. Easy fix when to call AT&T and they merged it into one plan in less then 5 min, very helpful and friendly I felt. I thought it was not bad for attempting it from home.

Oh, I asked the AT&T lady if she was on last night and she said she was but it was a slow night. They had people ready to go but not a lot of calls came in, so maybe today people like me are all calling in with questions.

latinnftl

Bronze
Mar 19, 2007
Took me about one hr. I took two phone numbers from Verizon and accidentally (not fully understanding the process more likely) did two family plans with one line each instead of one plan with two lines. Should have activated one, then once that was fully up and running, add the second line, but I did one, and while I was waiting for it to activate, did the other one. Easy fix when to call AT&T and they merged it into one plan in less then 5 min, very helpful and friendly I felt. I thought it was not bad for attempting it from home.

Oh, I asked the AT&T lady if she was on last night and she said she was but it was a slow night. They had people ready to go but not a lot of calls came in, so maybe today people like me are all calling in with questions.
I am at just shy of 20 hours. Porting number from Verizon. I've spoken to a few different ATT reps, and two at the iPhone help and they all seem to have no idea. It doesn't seem to me that ATT has made any kind of announcement.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Took a long time but only because of a defective SIM card. Once I replaced it with a new one, it activated in three minutes. Of course I had to go back through the short activation process on iTunes, but no kidding it was only three minutes.