Modified Carrier Logo stays After Restore

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay, so I just Restored my jailbroken 1.1.2. Yesterday, I had Installed "Make It Mine" an app that allows you to type custom carrier logos. I had typed in T-Mobile.

I Restored about 5 minutes ago and I just looked down at my now stock phone... it still says "T-Mobile". My carrier is AT&T, and I've never unlocked.

Looks like I have to jailbreak again to fix it.

- John

siantslil23

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
Okay, so I just Restored my jailbroken 1.1.2. Yesterday, I had Installed "Make It Mine" an app that allows you to type custom carrier logos. I had typed in T-Mobile.

I Restored about 5 minutes ago and I just looked down at my now stock phone... it still says "T-Mobile". My carrier is AT&T, and I've never unlocked.

- John
have you tried "revert" on the MIM app?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would, but all of those apps are long gone.

I'll just re-jailbreak tomorrow and revert it and Restore again. No biggie.

- John

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco

- John
If you don't mind me asking, why did you do a restore if you had 3rd party apps on your phone?

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i think he posted in another thread saying that all the apps was making is iPhone unstable and was having some issues..

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I had 1.0.2 and installed Make it Mine some time ago and typed in OJ as my carrier. It never worked on that firmware and I uninstalled it and went on with my life. Today I finally used Chris716's "easy way" and upgraded to a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone. Well now my OJ carrier thingy just appeared for the first time! So I instantly reinstalled her program and now it all works great! God I can't believe how much better this firmware is...

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
hey im glad my thread i made worked work you...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you don't mind me asking, why did you do a restore if you had 3rd party apps on your phone?
I have jailbroken 12 times. Twelve. I've Restored each time

Hacking makes my phone unstable, and the productivity of the apps is, to me, zero. I have no idea why I keep jailbreaking.

- John

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
I have jailbroken 12 times. Twelve. I've Restored each time

Hacking makes my phone unstable, and the productivity of the apps is, to me, zero. I have no idea why I keep jailbreaking.

- John

i don't see why your having so many problems with the apps. Ive only had problems with one app iradio and that was it my phone runs just as good as it did before modding it. I just wish they would come out with some real useful apps