Modimus Picimus

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
HEY! Those old Apple Signal Bars PNGs were mine! haha.

I still have them on my photobucket but because they were uploaded i don't think they were PNGs any more, and I just deleted the origionals a couple days ago....

I have to admit though, I only spent about 20 minutes on them, yours look a lot better. I wanted to do one where the Apple also faded from red (with low reception) to yellow, to green (with full reception).

Along with the bites of course.

Never got around to it though.....

H

Hayesimus

thats a good idea also. you should make the time and get them up here

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
i don't work thursday....look out :D

Sep 13, 2007
i was wondering where to put the slider icons in the iPhone library

H

Hayesimus

its system/library/frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/

Jul 17, 2007
Wow..........

All I can say NICE WORK......................

H

Hayesimus

well im at work on the iPhone obviously. So when i get off work in 8 hours ill try to explain. Unless someone would care to interject?

H

Hayesimus

k there is a file called SpringBoard.strings look in system/library/core services/springboard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

now you have to take that file and it has a like a bunch of the phrases used on iPhone like "slide to answer" and whatnot. and you can edit what it says. be careful however. messing up one letter will throw everything out of line and none of your slider messages etc. will function properly

YAKUZA

Jul 22, 2007
k there is a file called SpringBoard.strings look in system/library/core services/springboard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

now you have to take that file and it has a like a bunch of the phrases used on iPhone like "slide to answer" and whatnot. and you can edit what it says. be careful however. messing up one letter will throw everything out of line and none of your slider messages etc. will function properly
You Rock dude! Thanks!

veocon

Sep 17, 2007

what is the best view for this file? i tried to edit in some new text and it didn't work. got LOCK_OUT_...etc. glad i backed up the orig... does it have to match the character length of the orig text?

H

Hayesimus

no like for one. i had to make sure that it wasn't all caps. i wanted them to be all caps but it didn't work that way. then you have to make sure that if the word was like FOREVER and you wanted it to say HEY they you would have four spaces in place of the letter e.v.e.r. got what i mean? make sure that the word is also the beginning of the phrase too. like not a space and then your word. if this just confuses you more lemme know. this was the hardest thing for me to figure out. luckily i had someone patient and knowledgeable to help me through it. hopefully i can be the same for someone else.

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
really? shucks! well can you gimme a link? i wanna see if i like it better than mine haha. and yeah the rotary thing i'm still tweaking. i'm not gonna make it transparent because i can't see the numbers as well. means i'll lose the blue flash feedback when i tap a key however. unless there is a nother way about which i am unaware...
man, that is awesome. that is probably the best one i've seen so far. man i wish i could do something just like that!

Sep 22, 2007
H

Hayesimus

So, I got bored today and decided to tweak some icons. I took some icons from a set and put the Chrome Border around them. Others i created from scratch. Fun times... What do you think?

001.JPG

H

Hayesimus

001.JPG this is where i'm at after updating to the 1.1.4! still not sure it was worth the trouble though...

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
View attachment 2721 this is where i'm at after updating to the 1.1.4! still not sure it was worth the trouble though...
Hayes, i am thinking of going back down to 1.0.2, so i can have the scrolling icons...

cause it looks really nice.

what am i going to be missing?

i know iTunes Store (never used that), wiggly icons (use that a bit, but i could get used to customize again) and what else?

or is this just a stupid ass idea altogether?

and if you want, i can help you get that dock working again..

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ah! Nasty Dock! Rid of it!

H

Hayesimus

to TMOTD Honestly i don't really know imean i figure if you are already updated, i would just stay there. Because there will be an update out eventually anyway and then you'll probably want to do that one so you can get sdk and all that. so you might as well not go through the ordeal again for simply scrolling. I really think it was cool but i don't really miss it. My only deal is that my phone acts buggy now. but for all i know its some app i have downloaded...