modmyifone down?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
So i finally got customize working and i wanted to go onto modmyifone to download themes to use...but the sites down? Kind of irritating because i cannot find themes anywhere else? Does anyone have an alternative place they downloaded themes and icon etc...

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
"bigboss's" is the source i use. if you don't already have it you should be able to find it under install in the comunity sources category i think.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
So i finally got customize working and i wanted to go onto modmyifone to download themes to use...but the sites down? Kind of irritating because i cannot find themes anywhere else? Does anyone have an alternative place they downloaded themes and icon etc...
it's 11:42 pm ET and I still cant get on MMI.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Every time I've tried today, it's been unreachable. Maybe improving a little now - at least now it's getting a database error ....

ehsan

Dec 15, 2007
that site is always slow to load. I don't know where are they hosting that site. I am pretty sure its not in US.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
haha, i almost wouldn't mind just going to the site for the hair

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
that site is always slow to load. I don't know where are they hosting that site. I am pretty sure its not in US.
You must've just recently went to their site. Before they switched hosts maybe 3 months ago they had lightning fast speeds. Then news about jailbreaks etc. surfaced and their hosting couldn't handle all that traffic. Once they got new hosting the hostee's house caught on fire and he had to give them soemthignt owork with. So for now they're on a limited basis.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
You must've just recently went to their site. Before they switched hosts maybe 3 months ago they had lightning fast speeds. Then news about jailbreaks etc. surfaced and their hosting couldn't handle all that traffic. Once they got new hosting the hostee's house caught on fire and he had to give them soemthignt owork with. So for now they're on a limited basis.
I thought the fire thing was at a systems / admin guy's house. You're not saying their hosting was out of somebody's house are you? That would be hugely unlikely for a site of their size ...

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I thought the fire thing was at a systems / admin guy's house. You're not saying their hosting was out of somebody's house are you? That would be hugely unlikely for a site of their size ...
Nope. I was at the hosts house. I don't know if it came from THEIR server literally, or if it was on a webserver.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Nope. I was at the hosts house. I don't know if it came from THEIR server literally, or if it was on a webserver.
Well, if you're running a site of that size, there should generally be redundancy in every area, no single point of failure - so redundant storage / disks, servers, power, and backup generators, redundant pipes out to the internet, from separate providers, temperature controlled environment, secure facility, and so on - not typically done in a residential building ...