modmyiPhone.com always down?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
i found out what the problem was, if you open too many tabs while browsing over at modmyiPhone there firewall bans your ip! i guess i was banned for 1 day but works fine now as long as you stick to one window

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
yes that site has been down for a while, I haven't been able to access it for 2 days now from work, home or the iPhone. And they have a nice DL section to instead of having to search through pages of posts.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
anyone else have problems loading www.modmyi.com ?

sometimes it works all day other times it works for 5 minutes
it didn't work for me this morning, but the 2nd times I checked it around..5 pm it worked fine. I don't really use that site as much as this one. This one just..seems better for me, more informative and friendlier people.

Jun 8, 2007
Sorry guys, with the popularity of ModMyiPhone and our other site on the same server (ModMyMoto.com), we have been quickly pushed into needing a new server again. ;)

Stick with us, all issues will be cleaned up within a week. Glad ya'll like the site, we're pushing the modding envelope and putting out some real cool hacks and mods for your iPhone! Stop by and say hey...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Glad EverythingiPhone is here to provide a forum for public service announcements for you guys.;)

Good luck with the server move. Having done four over the past month (not all here at EIP), I know how much fun it can be...NOT.

-Chris

Jun 8, 2007
Glad EverythingiPhone is here to provide a forum for public service announcements for you guys.;)

Good luck with the server move. Having done four over the past month (not all here at EIP), I know how much fun it can be...NOT.

-Chris
I wouldn't normally use another forum as a public service announcement, but I came across this thread while Googling my site, and figured I'd at least let people know what was up with the site since there were 4 or 5 people saying the site didn't run, etc.

I'm sure you'd do the same if you saw stuff about your site.

Thanks for the warm wishes, glad to see all that our sites are doing for the iPhone scene. ;)

timliora

Jun 7, 2007
Anyone having trouble pulling up ModMyiPhone.com?

I have been trying to pull up modmyiPhone.com website for days and it won't come up. Anyone know what the problem is? Do they have an IRC channel?

rasputinj

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I have had database issues occasionally opening up forum posts, and I have had IE problems with the site. So now I have been using firefox for it and other than the dB issues it has been working ok. I think they are getting a lot of traffic and that might be the cause.

Fox

Jul 30, 2007
Vegas Baby!
yeah it blows... I've been trying to get on there for a few days now and the stupid site won't load. I would like to get into the download section to looks t some more icon options. I have the OSx icon set and it looks clean, better than the original. Oh well, guess I'll have to hold off.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
I noticed this too. I have vista at home. I am able to get to the website through the wireless network at work, but not my home wireless network. Not even when I use my iPhone wifi. Must be getting blocked by something. Keeps telling me to reset wireless adapter.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
I haven't been able to get to that site in over 2 weeks. It's horrible I wish there was another site that had a download section like over there.

Maybe someone should start one here, it seems like all we have on here is pictures of peoples mods no sharing of themes except for a couple.

Jun 6, 2007
it has to do with the owner giving out links to pirated software.
sickmunkeyz is a scammer and a thief. he was banned from modmymoto.com ages ago for scamming people through private messages. he was also banned from modmyiPhone yesterday for being rude to other members on the forums.

@ moderators / admin of this site. I would strongly suggest removing this member from your site if you are interested in protecting your other members.

Oh and yes I own modmymoto and modmyiPhone, and yes I was personally scammed by this guy, but took no actions against him until he started scamming other people (my mistake)

@ everyone else, yes normal growing pains, things are up now, and I don't see any reason to clutter this sites forums with my server issues.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
help with modmyiPhone.com

does anyone know why I cannot see any forum topics at modmyiPhone.com? I can see everything else but when I click on a forum topic I get an error that my web browser cannot open webpage.

Windows Vista
IE 7
I AM logged into modmyiPhone.com
I DID choose "regular browser" NOT "iPhone browser"