Moga Rebel MFi controller

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014

I've been using the Moga Rebel for about a week now so I figured I'd post some of my thoughts about it. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a full sized MFi gamepad that has a built in clip to hold your iPhone, essentially turning it into a portable video game console. I'll just get right to the point here- it's absolutely amazing. If you are an avid iOS gamer like myself, it is a must have accessory- it takes gaming to a completely different level. Now, it's rather expensive at $80 but believe me it is worth every penny. I have the Moga Pro Power for my Android phones which is essentially the same product and same price, so when I say it's worth every penny I should know- I've bought it twice. I haven't used any of the other MFi controllers so I can't compare it to anything but I can say that it's probably the best of the bunch. It feels great in the hand, all the buttons, pads, and joysticks are nice and responsive, and battery life is phenomenal. It's not quite as premium feeling as say the Dualshock or Xbox controllers, but it's pretty damn close, and it is every bit as comfortable to use. I've been using it every day since I got it and I'm still on the first charge, and according to the battery lights on it, it still has a near full charge making it excellent for long trips. The clip holds your phone nice and secure, and folds away when you're not using it. Pairing it is a breeze, as it pairs like any bluetooth device, and it links with your phone near instantaneously. I don't know what else to say about it other than you need to buy it, immediately. It works with any game that supports MFi game pads but here is a short list of games that I've been playing on my iPhone 6 with it-

Spiral Episode 1
Oceanhorn
Modern Combat 5
Dead Trigger 2
Dead Effect
Star Warfare 2
CLARC
Sky Gamblers: Cold War
Shadowgun
Riptide GP 2
Asphalt 8
Star Horizon
Shadow Blade
Dungeon Hunter 4

If you guys have any questions or want me to test other games, feel free to ask.

Last edited: