monopoly

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
Monopoly is out for the iPhone. I'm a fan of the classic board game, but not sure I want to buy the iPhone app just yet. Anyone tried it yet? Any reviews?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I haven't tried it yet but it doesn't look that bad.

Seems like a fun way to waste some time.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I Keep trying to pay for everything in monopoly money and people keep looking at me like I'm crazy...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I do believe it comes in English as well fortunately. Oddly enough I couldn't find any videos with English.

Pit Weston

Dec 5, 2008
Kansas City
It does look pretty amazing. I downloaded Yahtzee. I wasn't that impressed with it. It does help with wasting some time.

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
It's in the app store now

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Not the UK one though, and it's called World Edition!

EDIT: I stand corrected. It is now.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Looks cool but don't want to pay 8$+tax. Im a cheap ass on apps bc every time i buy one at full price they go down in price the next day.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Just got it.

The graphics are great and the WiFi play with 2 iPhones works really well.

If I only had someone to play with it would be less confusing :lol:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Now if the iPhone could connect ad-hoc to other iPhones for multiplayer action, games like this would be MUCH cooler.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I downloaded Monopoly after finding out it was release and I must say I am VERY impressed with it. The gameplay for me has been pretty smooth (the tutorials all the time are VERY annoying). I've been addicted to it. I was playing Flick Fishing nonstop before this but this has quickly taken over that spot. I'd venture so far as to say this is one of the top releases for the iPhone that really uses it to it's full capacity. I was skeptical about SimCity but if they can release a game this good I'm really anxious to see SimCity now.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I downloaded Monopoly after finding out it was release and I must say I am VERY impressed with it. The gameplay for me has been pretty smooth (the tutorials all the time are VERY annoying). I've been addicted to it. I was playing Flick Fishing nonstop before this but this has quickly taken over that spot. I'd venture so far as to say this is one of the top releases for the iPhone that really uses it to it's full capacity. I was skeptical about SimCity but if they can release a game this good I'm really anxious to see SimCity now.
I'm pretty sure SimCity is very doable. I'm more interesting in seeing how far they can take The Sims. I wonder how open-ended it will be if at all...

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I actually bought Monopoly after it came down $3 to $4.99. I really like it! It may not be original Monopoly but it's still fun.

Dec 26, 2008
Monopoly is a lot of fun. The graphics are excellent and I love all the "actions" of the game pieces (my fave is the Penguin). It's a well made application that is worth buying. I recommend it!

My only Negs would be:

> I would have loved having access to the Classic board too (I miss Park Lane & Mayfair).
> The non human players seem to have a lot of luck, landing on their own properties, & Chance/Community Chest a lot of the time....... I'd like to win just ONE game. :)