Monopoly's on Sale!

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey guys, I don't know if it was posted or not, but I just saw that Monopoly went on sale for $4.99. I went ahead and bought it, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I believe it was $9.99.

-GK-

Jan 12, 2009
Bradenton
OT: Glad to see you're enjoying your iPhone all over again Adam :)

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
When a app ain't doing well, the price drop. That could be 2 things:

1. The app is not worth it
2. The price is too high

I'll take a guess in this case: 2

i think they make the price pretty steep in the beginning on purpose... For one when i see a 9.99 app i'm like OMG im not paying 10 bucks for some little game on my phone... then they drop the price to 5 bucks and im like awesome! but then if you think about it 5 bucks for a game on a phone is still a bit much but you think it's a great price since it dropped from 10 bucks... This is a very strategic way of selling their app... they get the suckers that pay 10 bucks and then they rake in more profit when they put their app on "sale"
dang i gotta get into making some apps lol.. :laugh2:
no matter what... i'm still getting monopoly since its on "sale" :p

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
i think they make the price pretty steep in the beginning on purpose... For one when i see a 9.99 app i'm like OMG im not paying 10 bucks for some little game on my phone... then they drop the price to 5 bucks and im like awesome! but then if you think about it 5 bucks for a game on a phone is still a bit much but you think it's a great price since it dropped from 10 bucks... This is a very strategic way of selling their app... they get the suckers that pay 10 bucks and then they rake in more profit when they put their app on "sale"
5 bucks isn't much for a game or other app - if it's worth it! Some developers really put all the best in their app, and we won't pay 5 bucks for it...

And what about the time for making these nice updates....not fixing errors...but new features...I'll going to pay them for this work..:)

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
I bought this when it came out and still play it all the time. The only thing I don't like is that the AI can be frustrating at times.

JeffPom

Bronze
Oct 13, 2008
5 bucks for a game like this is WAY worth it.

Why? Think about this: Buy the "Official" Monopoly or similar copyrighted game on WinMo or Palm... 15-20 bucks easily. Sale is 10 bucks.

I will give iPhone this - they have definitely kept game pricing down.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I Can't Believe I pay $65 for X360 GAMES! $5 for this is totally Doable.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I Can't Believe I pay $65 for X360 GAMES! $5 for this is totally Doable.
Well, the difference between GTA and even the best 3-D rendered games on the iPhone is still night and day. But, I don't have a PS3, XBox 360 or the Wii. All I have is my iPhone. :cool:

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Not sure, I just feel that major developers haven't yet embraced the fact that the iTunes App Store revolves around "ringtone" apps (99 cents). To purposefully sell an application for 10 bucks, knowing that you won't make any serious profit until you lower the price might seem a little inefficient.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
HOLY CHIT! I just finished my first game of Monopoly EVER! I've been playing this for about the last 4 hours, and I even had to plug in my phone, hehe. It was VERY worth $5. Very Addictive, wonder If I can knock out another game during class tomorrow, as Philip said! Gotta make sure the phone has a full charge :p

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Well I decided to buy iShoot. Monopoly is just gonna take too long to play. iShoot is a great app if you wanna kill 10 minutes, plus it saves your game if you leave so you can easily come back to it. I may still buy Monopoly but only if you are able to save your game progress and continue, say, the next day.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Well I decided to buy iShoot. Monopoly is just gonna take too long to play. iShoot is a great app if you wanna kill 10 minutes, plus it saves your game if you leave so you can easily come back to it. I may still buy Monopoly but only if you are able to save your game progress and continue, say, the next day.
I just exit out of the app and then when I want to continue I choose "resume" and voila! :laugh2:

So, yes, Monopoly saves your game.