Monster FM Modulator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jlawlor

Jun 21, 2007
Anyone try to connect the iPhone to the Monster iport charging and FM modulator cable to play through the car's fm audio system? The plug is the same as my ipod - just don't want to damage the phone. Thanks for the replies

edmartin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Anyone try to connect the iPhone to the Monster iport charging and FM modulator cable to play through the car's fm audio system? The plug is the same as my ipod - just don't want to damage the phone. Thanks for the replies
It's a no-go for me. Works fine for my wife's iPod Nano but when I try the iPhone, a menu pops up that says it's not made for the iPhone and gives me the option to turn the plane mode on. It does charge the iPhone but the audio comes out of the internal speaker, not the Monster modulator.

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
The Monster cable fm modulator fits into the iPhone but does not transmit sound to the car speakers. I spoke with aan Apple customer service rep today who said they are working on one. The modulator doesn't work according to him due to a conflict with the EDGE ( ttelephone internet access).

Max1242

Aug 1, 2008
Monster

I have an older Monster cable that charged (iCar Play) and played on the original iPhone but only played through the FM modulator and would not charge it. I purchased a Griffin iTrip AutoScan which did both (charge/played) but the reception was terrible and I have since sent it back. I am interested in the Monster iCar Play 250 but would like to know if it works with the 3G iPhone. So the older version plays great but does not charge.