Monster icarplay & ExtremeMac charger or DLO Transdock fm transmitter?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
Has anyone had good success with the cassette adapter? I spoke to Apple but they tell me the DLO transdock fm transmitter is the only that would work with the iPhone, but I don't feel like spending $100 for an fm transmitter that has spotty reception. a cassette adapter vs an fm transmitter which one is better since there reallyly too many things out there for the iPhone in the car?

I basically want to be able to play my iPhone's iPod in my car and I want to be able to dock it n my car while charging it at the same time. What would you guys recommend? Should I go with the DLO since that has everything I need except possibly bad reception once in a while?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Has anyone had good success with the cassette adapter? I spoke to Apple but they tell me the DLO transdock fm transmitter is the only that would work with the iPhone, but I don't feel like spending $100 for an fm transmitter that has spotty reception. a cassette adapter vs an fm transmitter which one is better since there reallyly too many things out there for the iPhone in the car?

I basically want to be able to play my iPhone's iPod in my car and I want to be able to dock it n my car while charging it at the same time. What would you guys recommend? Should I go with the DLO since that has everything I need except possibly bad reception once in a while?

Don't complicate your life, go with the DLO, also advised by Apple so there you go..........>

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
i couldnt see why a cassette adapter wouldn't work. You phone would just think it would have a pair of headphones in and transmit all the sound through it

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
yes that would make the plug fit
actually I'm just going to go to the local Apple store and buy a newer Monster icarplay because I guess according to this article they made a newer version specific to not only the ipod but the iPhone also.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/monster-icarplay-cassette-adapter1/

"In June, 2007, Monster Cable unveiled a modestly updated version of the iCarPlay Cassette Adapter that is compatible with both the iPod and iPhone. It is confirmed to properly fit the iPhone’s recessed, small headphone port; however, our review unit made a noticeable grinding noise when in our car’s stereo, which resulted in a drop in our rating of this version to a B-."

Dec 15, 2007
I have the DLO just bought it last weekend. I had both it and the belkin in my hand while standing in line to checkout and decided last minute on the DLO. It seems to work great, but after getting home and finding my new switcheasy case in the mail I wish I would of opted for the Belkin. Because of the way the DLO holds your phone it will not dock my phone with the case on and I am almost positive that the Belkin would have. But other than that It works great very very clear.

Tanner

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have the DLO just bought it last weekend. I had both it and the belkin in my hand while standing in line to checkout and decided last minute on the DLO. It seems to work great, but after getting home and finding my new switcheasy case in the mail I wish I would of opted for the Belkin. Because of the way the DLO holds your phone it will not dock my phone with the case on and I am almost positive that the Belkin would have. But other than that It works great very very clear.

Tanner

Take it back and get the Belkin