Monster iPod Car Charger for iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SoleAddict23

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
i was wondering if i can use my monster ipod car charger for the iPhone?

today, i plugged it in the car and a pop-up message read "this product is not capable with the iPhone" and blah blah then askin if i would like to turn on my "air plane" mode to stop calls, audio from transfering in and out (energy saver is what it was talking about).

clicked to turn on the airplane mode and the iPhone went into charging mode. soo is it still safe to charge my iPhone with my monster ipod car charger?

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
i use my belkin charger all the time as well as the Apple hifi... both tell you the same message... its just because its not made for the "iPhone" a charger is a charger is a charger... you can hit no and it will still work fine and charge... its just letting you know that it is not an offically supported piece of equitment but it will not damage the phone in any way.

Halmir

Aug 27, 2007
I used to use it... But it certainly stop charging the phone....
After that my phone battery starts draining very quickly..

I'm not sure whether it's a problem of phone or charger..

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
i was wondering if i can use my monster ipod car charger for the iPhone?

today, i plugged it in the car and a pop-up message read "this product is not capable with the iPhone" and blah blah then askin if i would like to turn on my "air plane" mode to stop calls, audio from transfering in and out (energy saver is what it was talking about).

clicked to turn on the airplane mode and the iPhone went into charging mode. soo is it still safe to charge my iPhone with my monster ipod car charger?
NO IT DOESN'T WORK, plus the Monster Charger/FM Modulator will get stuck in the bottom of iPhone, been there, done that. You may screw up your phone..M

kchamp10

Oct 14, 2007
Monster® iCarPlay™ Wireless 200 FM Transmitter with AutoScan

I purchased the Monster® iCarPlay™ Wireless 200 FM Transmitter with AutoScan and after opening the package and plugging it into my car and iPhone received the airplane mode warning (I don't use airplane mode). The the search buttons do not work on the iPhone so it doesn't search the fm frequencies like it supposed to...however I scanned the fm stations and for me found 94.9 worked! My phone charges and plays the audio through the speakers.

I'm happy as it does what I need, charges my phone and plays audio. The $99 price tag is somewhat steep but for my 1 hour commute it is well worth it.

Being I don't use airplane mode there is feedback about 3 times during my one hour commute (I'm assuming airplane mode would resolve this). The phone does get extremely hot, but other than that i'm happy.

Just thought I'd share my experience.