Monthly Plan Questions

Jul 6, 2008
Ok this might be a little complicated so I will go slow. My family, mother father and me, are on my grandfathers plan. We are going to leave his plan and "form" our own plan (mother father and me). Still with me? Ok good. Now my mom and dad are going to get non-pda phone but are going to purchase unlimited internet and unlimited texts for the plan. If I buy an iPhone 3G will there be any additional cost above that of the unlimited web/text already supplied by ATT according to my parents plan?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ok this might be a little complicated so I will go slow. My family, mother father and me, are on my grandfathers plan. We are going to leave his plan and "form" our own plan (mother father and me). Still with me? Ok good. Now my mom and dad are going to get non-pda phone but are going to purchase unlimited internet and unlimited texts for the plan. If I buy an iPhone 3G will there be any additional cost above that of the unlimited web/text already supplied by ATT according to my parents plan?
You can share in an unlimited family text plan, but I don't think they really offer family unlimited data plans. It's a per phone thing. Depending on what kind of phone they get, they could pay the same as you or less than you... but I'm pretty sure it's a per-phone thing.

Someone will surely correct me if I'm mistaken.

Jul 6, 2008
You can share in an unlimited family text plan, but I don't think they really offer family unlimited data plans. It's a per phone thing. Depending on what kind of phone they get, they could pay the same as you or less than you... but I'm pretty sure it's a per-phone thing.

Ok well it was going to be on my fathers and my phones. I was going to get a Blackjack II and then learned that even with the unlimited web/text I would still have to pay an additional 15 a month to have the service. Is it the same for the iPhone or is it more?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.

Correct. I read to fast I guess. Data plans are per phone and OP will need the $30 data plan for the 3G.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ok well it was going to be on my fathers and my phones. I was going to get a Blackjack II and then learned that even with the unlimited web/text I would still have to pay an additional 15 a month to have the service. Is it the same for the iPhone or is it more?
I'm a bit confused. Could you spell out who's getting what phone? Doesn't even matter who really, just... what three phones are y'all getting? :laugh2:

Jul 6, 2008
I'm a bit confused. Could you spell out who's getting what phone? Doesn't even matter who really, just... what three phones are y'all getting? :laugh2:
Mother...razr v3xx or whatever
Father...same thing
Myself...blackjack II or iPhone.

My father talked to the att people and they told us since I was getting a PDA phone ( the blackjack) that it would be another 15 dollars a month on top of the unlimited web/text for myself and my father. Basically I'm asking is the iPhone going to cost more/same/less than the Blackjack II after the unlimited web/texts?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Father...same thing

My father talked to the att people and they told us since I was getting a PDA phone ( the blackjack) that it would be another 15 dollars a month on top of the unlimited web/text for myself and my father. Basically I'm asking is the iPhone going to cost more/same/less than the Blackjack II after the unlimited web/texts?
IF you want an iPhone 3G with unlimited texts and unlimited web access, it's going to cost an extra $50/month on top of your voice plan.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
IF you want an iPhone 3G with unlimited texts and unlimited web access, it's going to cost an extra $50/month on top of your voice plan.
Yes. $30 for the data plan as was stated and $20 for unlimited txt.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Okay, let's see if I can make a sample pricing plan for you...

1. First, choose your voice plan. For argument's sake, I'll choose the FamilyTalk plan I have: 550 Minutes (Nation) = $59.99 + 2 Additional Lines @ $19.98 ($9.99/line) = $79.97/month

2. Now choose your data plan. For the iPhone 3G it's $30/month. For the non-PDA phones you could probably get MEdia Net Unlimited with would run $15/month per phone. All that for a total of $60/month for unlimited web.

3. Unlimited text messaging is $30/month for FamilyTalk plans.

So, assuming you can share 550 minutes a month (remember, night & weekends are practically free and you can call each other or any AT&T number for free) plus rollovers, your grand total is: $169.97/month!

That's not including your one-time activation fee of $36 and all the regulatory b.s. on your bill per month.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Father...same thing

first off don't get the blackjack get the iPhone, second yes, on top of what ever the family plan is no matter what your iPhone line is gunna be $30 total for Internet and either $5 $15 or $20 for text, so up to $50 total, unless you do the shared unlimited text plan for $30 a month for you your mom and your dad, hope you fallowed all that lol

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I didn't wanna make another thread so I'll just use this one. I do not see any change in my plan or can I NOT add lol. Right now, my bill is between $128-130 a month. The new 3G plan says $90 gives you 900 mins. $20 for unlimited text. Lets just say $10 to start my mins at 7pm. I came up with $120 so when you add in tax It will still be at $130ish or did I miss something?

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I didn't wanna make another thread so I'll just use this one. I do not see any change in my plan or can I NOT add lol. Right now, my bill is between $128-130 a month. The new 3G plan says $90 gives you 900 mins. $20 for unlimited text. Lets just say $10 to start my mins at 7pm. I came up with $120 so when you add in tax It will still be at $130ish or did I miss something?
sounds like you got everything to me, upgrade fee for the first month but other than that it seems accurate, it has been said that the new 3g iPhone plan is cheaper than a lot of AT&T's earlier plans

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I just can see how im paying 130 now and its still about the same price with the $10 data increase.........unless I'm mis calculating some hellafied tax.