MooCowMusic: Guitarist

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
A new music app is on the horizon! Word is we could see it on installer in as soon as 2 days!

Doakiphone

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
I'm at work so I cant see the image you posted, but is this the display similar to the moocow drumming package. Is the interface red? I may/may not have seen it on Youtube. If it's what i'm thinking of (Youtube Iband video) I want it baaaaaad!

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Since no one else has jumped in to say it, I guess I'll have to:

NO STAIRWAY!

:)

But seriously, that is a wicked cool app. As a guitar player, I can't wait to give it a try, although only 3-4 frets of visibility doesn't leave much room to really play songs (save for chords), what more do you want on a freaking phone?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've been following this on MooCow's site - and it looks very nice. Much better than PocketGuitar. I play guitar, and I can tell I'll be able to play songs with this.

- John

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
That looks great, can't wait till its released. Video makes me laugh though, the ease at which he plays on that is just funny.

bean22

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I just installed it, and just like Moo Cow's other apps, this one's awesome :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Oh man, this is so nice! The samples are seriously quality... I wouldn't hesistate to use them (in the right context) in a real production. That says a lot coming from me...

They really need the resizeable fretboard from PG, though... Just oooone more fret, please!

I'm not a guitarist, but this will actually be a great learning tool for me. Sweet sweet sweet...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Oh man, this is so nice! The samples are seriously quality... I wouldn't hesistate to use them (in the right context) in a real production. That says a lot coming from me...

They really need the resizeable fretboard from PG, though... Just oooone more fret, please!

I'm not a guitarist, but this will actually be a great learning tool for me. Sweet sweet sweet...
Speaking of "sweet" I just belted out Sweet Child o' Mine on my first go. It must have taken me about 2 hours to get it "familiar sounding" in PocketGuitar.

Not sure which I prefer however, I feel like I'm playing a harp with MCMG.

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Speaking of "sweet" I just belted out Sweet Child o' Mine on my first go. It must have taken me about 2 hours to get it "familiar sounding" in PocketGuitar.

Any chance of you putting it up on a video for us to see? There aren't many videos of anyone using this new app yet. Only one so far that I know of.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly

Yeah, they're both impressive in different ways. I really wish I could get PG working along with this for showing off at the studio (clients LOVE this stuff!), but I followed your directions, even using your .plist from the other thread and a no go.

But that's for the other thread... sorry.... this program rocks! :p

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Just got in a bit ago and I can't find the SD card for the camera. I'll have to ask my better half where it is tomorrow, she used it last on her trip up north :T

I'll post a video tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007

Hey x666x,
When you create the video, can you make a slow version of it too, for us folks who don't play the guitar? I saw the Sweet Child O' Mine video that was posted over at MooCow's forum, but it's way too fast for me to figure out.