Mophie battery case

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I have several Mophie cases and a Juice Pack Powerstation. It charges my iPad or iPhone quickly (really quick) and has power to spare even after bringing my phone from 5% to full.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.

Al Vila

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
Just got mine on the 14th , great as always from mophie, a little thinner but love it, always used mophie on all my iPhones

adegiarde

Nov 13, 2008
when i plug in Mophie juice pack air and iPhone 5 to macbook pro, while it charges, iTunes does not recognize device. Still glad i have it though.. now waiting for Mophie to make pouch.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
when i plug in Mophie juice pack air and iPhone 5 to macbook pro, while it charges, iTunes does not recognize device. Still glad i have it though.. now waiting for Mophie to make pouch.
In order to plug it in for charging you have to use the micro USB cable rather than the Apple Lightning cable. The micro USB can only be used for charging, not connecting to iTunes and syncing.

I don't mind the recessed earphone since I use Bluetooth exclusively

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
I have the new helium Mophie and it's nice but overpriced. It will barely fully charge the IP5 when you're at 20% and use the phone minimally during the charging sequence. The most annoying two aspects of this case are as follows:

1- headphone adapter extension is annoying as you have to carry around the dongle. It's a shame that the jack is on the bottom now.
2- removing the IP5 from the case is a bit cumbersome.

There are some very inexpensive alternatives on eBay and I'm sure they work quite similarly.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I have the new helium Mophie and it's nice but overpriced. It will barely fully charge the IP5 when you're at 20% and use the phone minimally during the charging sequence. The most annoying two aspects of this case are as follows:

1- headphone adapter extension is annoying as you have to carry around the dongle. It's a shame that the jack is on the bottom now.
2- removing the IP5 from the case is a bit cumbersome.

There are some very inexpensive alternatives on eBay and I'm sure they work quite similarly.
Yes, that's what I was trying to say before, you get a mophie and all you're paying for is a weird name! :D

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I have several Mophie packs, for my 4S and now for my 5. I also have a look-alike that is ok, but the fit of the two pieces is terrible.

My real favorite charging accessory is my Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation.

Small and very powerful. Charges my iPhone 5 super fast and gives almost two charges before refueling. It's a 4,000 mAh battery compared with the Helium which is only 1500 mAh or the Air which is 1700 mAh. Huge difference! I actually like that it is a separate thing because it doesn't add any bulk to my phone. I take it in a pocket and leave it in the car. It charges so darn quick its amazing. It's about the exact size of my iPhone 4S.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I was so happy when Mophie finally got the cases out! Unfortunately they didn't release the on I was hoping for right away. I see how they are inching up to the case I want as I'm not interested in the Helium or the Air. I'm waiting for the 2000mAh Juice Pack Pro.

I had the Juice Pack Pro for my iPhone 4 and 4S and that was the best battery case ever! It got me out of a lot of jams during the numerous blackouts we had over the spring and summers. I am not going to buy the ones they offer now i'm just going to wait. I know the pro is on it way!