Mophie battery case

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Redbull2000, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Redbull2000

Redbull2000 Member
    Bronze

Is it worth to own one, what do you think?

Sent using iCafe app

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I just ordered the new Mophie Helium
    This will be my first

3. Redbull2000

Redbull2000 Member
    Bronze

Just waiting for more review come before order one.

Sent using iCafe app

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I ordered the ilver which is not delieverd until later in March :( but I let you know.
    there are a few reviews out so also on youtube

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

My opinion is that you'd be paying a premium for the mophie name. There are plenty of battery cases that look better and are better priced.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes. I have a few mophie cases and chargers of various sizes. They are high quality and they look great.

7. Redbull2000

Redbull2000 Member
    Bronze

I understand there are a lot more choices out. But I just like the case as they mention, light slim and still do the job.

Sent using iCafe app

8. Redbull2000

Redbull2000 Member
    Bronze

Btw, anyone know when will be on sale for retail ? Want to check it out before buying it.

Sent using iCafe app

9. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I have several Mophie cases and a Juice Pack Powerstation. It charges my iPad or iPhone quickly (really quick) and has power to spare even after bringing my phone from 5% to full.

10. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I have a Mophie battery case. Well worth it if you need an extra full charge with you.

Sent using iCafe app

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

If you can't get threw the day on a single charge I'd defo get one I had one on my 4s and I never took it off..

Sent using iCafe app

12. Redbull2000

Redbull2000 Member
    Bronze

Thanks for all the opinion and idea. You guys are so helpful.

Sent using iCafe app

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

14. Al Vila

Al Vila Member
    Bronze

Just got mine on the 14th , great as always from mophie, a little thinner but love it, always used mophie on all my iPhones

15. adegiarde

adegiarde New Member

when i plug in Mophie juice pack air and iPhone 5 to macbook pro, while it charges, iTunes does not recognize device. Still glad i have it though.. now waiting for Mophie to make pouch.

16. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

In order to plug it in for charging you have to use the micro USB cable rather than the Apple Lightning cable. The micro USB can only be used for charging, not connecting to iTunes and syncing.

I don't mind the recessed earphone since I use Bluetooth exclusively

17. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I have the new helium Mophie and it's nice but overpriced. It will barely fully charge the IP5 when you're at 20% and use the phone minimally during the charging sequence. The most annoying two aspects of this case are as follows:

1- headphone adapter extension is annoying as you have to carry around the dongle. It's a shame that the jack is on the bottom now.
    2- removing the IP5 from the case is a bit cumbersome.

There are some very inexpensive alternatives on eBay and I'm sure they work quite similarly.

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes, that's what I was trying to say before, you get a mophie and all you're paying for is a weird name! :D

19. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I have several Mophie packs, for my 4S and now for my 5. I also have a look-alike that is ok, but the fit of the two pieces is terrible.

My real favorite charging accessory is my Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation.

Small and very powerful. Charges my iPhone 5 super fast and gives almost two charges before refueling. It's a 4,000 mAh battery compared with the Helium which is only 1500 mAh or the Air which is 1700 mAh. Huge difference! I actually like that it is a separate thing because it doesn't add any bulk to my phone. I take it in a pocket and leave it in the car. It charges so darn quick its amazing. It's about the exact size of my iPhone 4S.

20. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I was so happy when Mophie finally got the cases out! Unfortunately they didn't release the on I was hoping for right away. I see how they are inching up to the case I want as I'm not interested in the Helium or the Air. I'm waiting for the 2000mAh Juice Pack Pro.

I had the Juice Pack Pro for my iPhone 4 and 4S and that was the best battery case ever! It got me out of a lot of jams during the numerous blackouts we had over the spring and summers. I am not going to buy the ones they offer now i'm just going to wait. I know the pro is on it way!